UK Global Markets Operations Apprenticeship
This is a thirteen-month programme that begins in September 2018. It offers you the opportunity to develop an expertise in one of the most important areas of the Global Markets Operations business. The Apprenticeship programme gives you first-hand experience in managing and controlling the processing of trades and complex transactions and providing post trade support, preparing you for a successful career path as an Operations Analyst within Global Markets Operations in HSBC London.
|For:||School or college student|
|Areas:||Global Banking and Markets|
Applications for this programme are currently closed.
What to expect
Following your induction, you will undertake a 13-month placement working within Global Markets Operations where you will receive structured exposure to functions such as Risk and Control, Change and Client Services. You will work with dynamic and highly skilled colleagues to gain detailed product knowledge; and provide post-trade support for large and complex projects carried out by teams within Global Banking and Markets.
Post-programme, you will have the opportunity to move into an entry level role within Global Markets Operations.
Learning, development and support
Starting with an induction programme, you will learn about HSBC's strategy, culture and values. You will also learn how each function operates and what its business impact is, develop an understanding of relevant products, systems and customers, and grow your knowledge of Global Banking and Markets.
Over the course of the programme you will:
- Be fully supported in achieving a Financial Services Level 3 Certificate
- Build an invaluable network of global contacts
- Receive highly structured training that will encourage you to reach your full potential
- Have regular access to business leaders for coaching and advice on your progress
- Work towards the Investment Operations Certificate professional qualification through the Chartered Institute for Securities and Investment
- Receive ongoing, constructive feedback on your performance
- Gain insight into HSBC’s distinct strengths in the financial services industry
- Develop your knowledge of Global Banking and Markets
Who can apply?
To be considered for an apprenticeship you must meet the following requirements:
- Be predicted, or have already achieved, 300 UCAS points (or equivalent) and above
- Have already attained GCSE (or equivalent) Maths and English at minimum grade C
- Do not possess or not studying towards a University level (or equivalent) qualification
- Willing to have customer contact on a regular basis
- Be hard-working, motivated and willing to take on new challenges
- Act with integrity, in keeping with HSBC's values
- Have the right to work in the UK without HSBC sponsorship in order to commence employment
Inspiring future coders
HSBC is helping girls and young women develop tech skills through a new partnership.
HSBC tops trade finance poll
The bank has been named the global market leader in trade finance for the third year running.
Consumers carry the global economy
Consumer spending will be key to global growth during the next two years, says HSBC’s Janet Henry.