HSBC is committed to providing a website that is accessible to the widest possible audience, regardless of technology or ability. We are actively working to increase the accessibility and usability of this website and, in doing so, adhere to internationally accepted standards and guidelines.
This website endeavours to meet the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines Version 2.0 (WCAG 2.0) at a minimum “Double-A” (AA) rating. The guidelines, drawn up by the World Wide Web Consortium (opens in new window) (W3C), explain how to make web content more accessible to people with disabilities. We seek to ensure that this website is accessible to people who use assistive technology such as screen readers and speech-input software and those unable to use a mouse or a pointing device.
Accessibility features that can be found on this website include:
- Colour contrasts that assist with accessibility
- Text that can be resized
- Page layouts are flexible, meaning that pages are resized according to the width of the browser window
- Headings are coded so that they can be read by screen readers
- Links have meaningful text that explain what the users can expect when they click on them. We avoid the usage of ‘click here’
- Tables are laid out in tabular form, with headings and summaries that make them more accessible
- Form fields have labels and follow a logical tab sequence to ensure easier navigation
- We use cascading style sheets (CSS) to determine the presentation of our website – this assists those using screen-reading devices
- New images are accompanied by appropriate alternative text that can be read by screen readers
This website has been built using code that is compliant with W3C standards for HTML and CSS. Because of this, it displays correctly on current browser versions and will also do so on future versions.
To ensure that our website continues to offer a high level of accessibility, we perform periodic accessibility audits using a range of testing tools. While HSBC strives to adhere to accepted guidelines and standards for accessibility and usability, rapid changes in technology mean is it is not always possible to do so in all areas of the website. We are, however, continually seeking solutions to address accessibility issues.
Browsers that we support
We recommend that users of our website upgrade their browser versions regularly. New versions are faster, have the latest security features and provide an improved browsing experience. Browser updates are available free of charge from the different browser providers (Google, Apple, Microsoft and Firefox).
We support the latest version, and the two previous versions, of:
- Google Chrome
- Apple Safari
- Microsoft Edge
- Mozilla Firefox
Mobile and tablet
We support the latest version, and the previous version, of:
- Apple Safari
- Chrome Mobile
We will update our list of supported browsers on this page from time to time as the software used by our users changes.