ESG reporting centre
We publish regular updates and data on our performance in relation to environmental, social and governance (ESG) issues.
This includes updates on our activities in support of sustainable finance and our commitments relating to diversity and inclusion. Below you can find:
- Our latest and historic reports
- Policies and statements on areas including sustainability risk, human rights and whistleblowing
- Details of the organisations, groups and initiatives of which we are a member
- Links to further information on this website on topics such as financial crime risk and green and sustainability bonds
- Annual Report and Accounts 2022: see pages 43-96 for ESG disclosures (PDF 7MB)
- Strategic Report 2022 (PDF 2MB)
- ESG Datapack 2022 (Excel) (XLSX 2MB)
- ESG Datapack 2022 (PDF) (PDF 1,001KB)
- Financed Emissions Methodology Update (published February 2022) (PDF 1MB)
- PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP Assurance Report for 2022 – Financed Emissions (PDF 2MB)
- PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP Assurance Report for 2022 – Carbon Emissions (PDF 418KB)
- GHG Reporting Guidance 2022 (PDF 194KB)
- PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP Assurance Report for 2022 – USD750 bn - USD1 trn Sustainable Financing and Investment Ambition (PDF 538KB)
- HSBC’s USD750 bn - USD1 trn Sustainable Financing and Investment Ambition - Data Dictionary 2022 (PDF 2MB)
- 2022 UK Gender Pay Gap Disclosures (PDF 392KB)
- CDP (Carbon Disclosure Project) score report - HSBC 2022 (PDF 587KB)
- Communication on Progress to UN Principles for Responsible Investment (PDF 951KB)
- Communication on Progress to UN Principles for Sustainable Insurance 2021 (PDF 1MB)
- Green and sustainability bonds
- Equator Principles
More on ESG
Our climate strategy
We’re focused on helping to deliver a net zero global economy by transforming ourselves and working with our customers to make their own transition.
Download our sector-specific sustainability risk policies and get details of how we apply the Equator Principles.
Our commitments and actions
We’re taking action to ensure HSBC is an inclusive workplace where everyone can develop and progress.
Where we hire
Find out where in the world you can establish an HSBC career filled with exciting opportunities.
Greater Bay Area drives China’s new economy
The process of rebuilding from Covid is gaining fresh momentum, particularly in the GBA.
JETPs: Powering a faster energy transition
How Just Energy Transition Partnerships could accelerate the shift away from coal.
Women’s growing wealth fuels impact investing
Their wealth is rising rapidly in Asia – and women want to use it to make a positive impact.