Whatever global programme you join, our structured support for students and graduates will ensure you can make the most of the learning opportunities on offer. These will help you to shape, improve and develop skills that are important to your personal development.
If you’re not applying for a global graduate programme, explore HSBC’s career development here
During your internship at HSBC, you’ll build your skills and gain valuable hands-on experience. We’ll work with you to nurture and develop your strengths, as well as understand your potential and what motivates you, before you have the opportunity to join us on our global graduate programme.
Learning every day
As you grow, we grow (duration 1:29)
A structured internship
Join us on an internship and you’ll be invited to take advantage of many opportunities to learn and develop. These include:
- An induction: you’ll start your placement with an induction into the business and the specific business area you have chosen
- Continuous guidance: your line manager will be on hand to offer advice on your career options and guide your ambitions
- Real-work experience: you’ll be working on live project work, so you’ll have the opportunity to learn within your role from the moment you join us
- Support: you’ll be assigned a buddy, with whom you can share ideas and discuss your career motivations
- Networking events: you can also attend our regular business and social events (including ‘Lunch and Learn’ sessions), alongside your day-to-day role, to build your network and knowledge
- Our volunteering programme: you could develop new skills outside finance – while contributing to the communities in which we work
We want all our interns to thrive with us and be successful on their programme. If you perform well and would like to pursue a career at HSBC, we will consider you for a position on one of our global graduate programmes after your placement.
We offer a range of options for students who are at university, whether you are in your first, penultimate or final year of your undergraduate or postgraduate course.
Want to know more?
HSBC offers a comprehensive, market-competitive package of pay and benefits to support employees’ professional and personal needs.
How to apply
Here’s everything you need to know about the application process – and tips to help you prepare.
FAQsAnswers to common questions about our programmes, or our approach to diversity and sustainability, and more.
The future of Hong Kong as an international financial centre
There is a growing need to strengthen Hong Kong’s role as a ‘super-connector’, says David Liao.
We’re looking after customers’ bodies, minds and money
HSBC Life aims to boost wellbeing by combining insurance and banking in one service.
Collaboration can shift the dial towards 1.5C
This can be a moment for the energy sector to step up with new solutions to the climate crisis.