Our strategy supports our ambition to be the preferred international financial partner for our clients.
It includes targets for accelerating the shift of capital to areas, principally Asia and wealth, that have demonstrated the highest returns and where we have sustainable advantage through scale. Our international network remains a key competitive advantage and we will continue to support cross-border banking flows between major trade corridors. Supported by these shifts, we are aiming to reach mid single-digit revenue growth in the medium to long term, with a higher proportion of our revenue from fee and insurance income.
Opening up a world of opportunity (duration 2:15)
We are making good progress in both growth and transformation initiatives across our four strategic pillars:
Focus on our strengths
To achieve our ambition, we’re prioritising our efforts and investing for the future. We aim to:
- Be the global leader in cross-border banking flows aligned to major trade and capital corridors
- Lead the world in serving mid-market corporates globally
- Become a market leader in Wealth management, with a particular focus on Asia
- Invest at scale domestically where HSBC’s opportunity is greatest
Digitise at scale
As people lead increasingly digital lives, we’ll:
- Create and deliver fast, easy, digital customer experiences
- Partner with technology innovators to enable new customer benefits
- Ensure our bank is resilient and secure
- Execute with speed and automate at scale
Energise for growth
We’re investing in the development of our people. We want to:
- Inspire a dynamic culture where the best want to work
- Encourage an inclusive culture fostering diversity
- Help colleagues develop future-ready skills
- Be a simpler, more agile and effective organisation
Transition to net zero
We want to do more than simply play our part in the transition to a more sustainable world. We’ve committed to:
- Become a net-zero bank
- Support our customers to transition to a low carbon future, especially in carbon challenged industries
- Accelerate new climate solutions
- Inspire our customers to invest to support positive change
Our energy policy to support net zero transition
The updated policy will support the transition towards a net zero future by 2050 or sooner.
How our acquisition of AXA Singapore will benefit customers
The integration of AXA Singapore into HSBC Life gives us the scale and expertise to offer customers what no-one else can.