Commercial Banking Graduate Programme
Learn about commercial banking through a variety of roles such as advising customers on expanding their operations, analysing risks to provide safe lending options, or helping them to become more sustainable.
Commercial Banking connects entrepreneurial businesses to opportunities through our relationship managers and digital capabilities.
Over 18 months, you’ll rotate between Relationship Management teams that work directly with clients to connect them to opportunities, or with Credit Analyst Teams that analyse a company’s creditworthiness and provide lending solutions.
You might work in Global Trade teams offering services and finance for buyers and suppliers, or with our Product Management teams who develop new, digital services to improve the experience of our customers.
You could also work in various functions that provide support to our clients, such as our Risk teams who provide policies and processes to protect our clients and the bank.
Upon completion of the programme, you’ll be prepared to take advantage of the Commercial Bank’s local and international opportunities to progress your career, including the possibility to become one of our leaders of the future.
Looking for more detail about what you could be working on? Here are some of the activities our Graduates get involved with:
- Working with Relationship Managers in meeting clients to understand their needs and support them to expand their operations
- Supporting Relationship Managers in helping to pitch for business and build your own relationships with customers to better understand their needs
- Helping clients use new technologies to do business with us
- Building a knowledge of the products and services we offer our clients, including trade, payments, and transaction banking
- Collaborating with product partners across our Commercial Bank and the HSBC Group to support our clients
- Understanding the risks involved in Commercial Banking and how we mitigate for these, e.g. writing credit papers, exploring the macro environment, and putting covenants and securities in place
- Learning how to incorporate Environmental, Social and Governance issues into our solutions for clients so they become more sustainable and support our joint efforts to transition to net-zero
Ready to apply?
Check where this programme is open and make an application.
If the programme is currently closed in your country or region, join our talent community (opens in new window) to stay informed about news, events, our programmes, and career opportunities.
|For:||Final year students or recent graduates|
|Start date:||July 2024 onwards|
Our events provide an insight into the range of career opportunities at HSBC.