Hong Kong Industrial Placement
The Hong Kong HSBC Operations, Services and Technology Industrial Placement is designed for second or penultimate-year students looking to understand the role of technology in a leading global bank. The placement provides opportunities to develop a strong foundation of technical knowledge and gain valuable practical experience.
Who can apply?
To be considered for the placement, you will:
- Be available to work full-time for one year starting from July 2020
- Be a second or penultimate-year student in any discipline
- Have a good command of written and verbal English
- Be proficient in any of the following programming languages: C++, C#, Java, Visual Basics, or SQL
- Have the legal right to work in Hong Kong
What to expect
Supported by experienced managers, colleagues and a wide network of diverse peers, you'll be encouraged to take on responsibility and bring new ideas to the table. You will be valued as an individual and for the contribution you make.
Over the one-year placement, you will be provided with the opportunities and exposure needed to progress to a successful technology career in banking. The opportunities cover a diverse range of technology roles across the breadth of our business, from Retail Banking and Wealth Management to Commercial Banking and Global Banking and Markets. During your placement, you’ll experience the challenges of a technology-driven business environment, contributing to meaningful projects that have a direct impact on our business success.
You can expect practical training that will complement your academic studies, helping you to live up to our values while developing your career. During the placement, you’ll be challenged to use your academic knowledge to add value to the bank and improve your professional and personal skills.
If you deliver outstanding performance during the placement, you will have the opportunity to join HSBC in a permanent entry level position upon graduation.
Learning, development and support
The placement will equip you with the skills and experience required to start a successful career with HSBC, as well as the opportunity to develop your professional network with colleagues around the world.
Over the course of the placement, we typically offer:
- On-the-job learning to develop your technical knowledge
- Wide business exposure
- Various networking sessions, technology and business seminars
- Opportunities to meet and hear from senior managers on various business activities
- Student "learn-and-share" sessions
- Leadership exposure through IT student committee
Supporting business growth in Australia
HSBC is bringing capital and expertise to a new fund helping companies achieve their potential.
Measuring climate resilience
Which countries and territories are best equipped to withstand the risks of climate change?
HSBC welcomes the Year of the Rat
The bank is marking Lunar New Year with employees, customers and communities around the world.