Hong Kong Co-op Programme
The Hong Kong Co-op Programme is for students looking for a work placement with a leading global bank. The programme provides opportunities to gain some hands-on experience on a six month placement, and develop your knowledge of banking and financial services.
|Areas:||Commercial Banking, Global Functions, HSBC Operations, Services and Technology, Retail Banking and Wealth Management|
Applications for this programme are now closed.
Who can apply?
To be considered for the programme, you will:
- Be a second or penultimate-year university student
- Have well-developed language skills in English (Cantonese and Putonghua would be advantageous)
- Have solid PC skills in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Have additional PC skills in Excel (Macro), Access and Projects, and Chinese typing skills would be advantageous
- Have the legal right to work in Hong Kong
What to expect
Supported by experienced managers, colleagues and a wide network of diverse peers, you'll be encouraged to take on responsibility and bring new ideas to the table. You will be valued as an individual and for the contribution you make.
Work placements generally last around six months and may be eligible for credit equivalencies, subject to university/college requirements.
You can expect practical training that will complement your academic studies, embedding our values while growing your career. During the programme, you will be challenged to use your talents and academic knowledge to add value to the bank and improve your professional and personal skills.
Learning, development and support
Our programme will equip you with the skills and experience required to start a successful career with HSBC, as well as the opportunity to develop your professional network with colleagues around the world.
Over the course of the programme, we typically offer:
- The opportunity to build your skills and banking knowledge in a real working environment
- Opportunities to take on responsibilities in a selection of interesting projects
HSBC voted top for trade finance
HSBC is the market leader in global trade finance, according to a poll of 7,000 businesses.
China’s Belt and Road evolves
International businesses are set to benefit as China boosts links with its trading partners.
The birth of the savings bank
What a 19th-century accounts book tells us about social progress and financial inclusion.