Branch or contact centre
If you enjoy helping customers and providing high-quality service, HSBC offers many roles in our Singapore branches and contact centres.
Find a job at HSBC
HSBC’s Singapore branch network and contact centres are part of our Retail Banking and Wealth Management business. They are two of the main routes through which we provide our personal customers with banking services and financial products, from current accounts, credit cards, personal loans and mortgages to savings, investments, insurance and wealth management.
Sales, Distribution and Business Development plays a vital role in understanding and meeting customer needs by offering the right solutions through the right channels to the right customer groups. This area is responsible for implementing distribution strategy, driving the delivery of leading retail customer experiences and thereby maximising customer satisfaction.
Contact centre roles
HSBC’s Singapore contact centre is based in Mapletree Business City and employs more than 160 employees and answers over one million calls a year. Employees serve our personal and commercial customers over the phone and identify ways in which we can meet their needs.
Our contact centres provide a good entry point into the financial services industry and employees who start in the contact centre have gone on to pursue a variety of roles including sales and service roles at branches and other leadership roles across HSBC teams.
We look for people who can provide high-quality service that makes customers feel valued and who have the knowledge and expertise to fulfil their requirements.
Key roles in our contact centres include:
- Customer Care Associates (opens in new window) (opens in new window) resolve queries from our high-value Premier customers, investigating issues and providing a service that exceeds their expectations. HSBC Premier is a bespoke, personalised banking service that offers 24/7 support to customers.
- Acquisition Executives (opens in new window) (opens in new window) engage and interact with customers through events such as roadshows to understand their financial needs and recommend appropriate products and services.
- Telesales Representatives (opens in new window) (opens in new window) contact a variety of existing and new customers to discuss their current and future financial needs and provide products and services to meet those requirements.
We have a range of opportunities available in our network of 11 branches across Singapore.
All roles are customer-facing, and can offer a number of opportunities to undertake relevant qualifications while on the job. We’re committed to your professional development and provide a variety of opportunities such as role-based learning and training courses in partnership with the Singapore Workforce Skills Qualification (WSQ).
Key roles in our branch network include:
- Customer Service Associates (opens in new window) (opens in new window) meet the day-to-day cash and transactional needs of customers. They also promote HSBC products and services in a prompt, efficient and professional manner. In-depth customer service training and induction is provided prior to starting in a branch.
- First Impression Officers (opens in new window) (opens in new window) interact with most people who enter a branch, answering queries related to customer accounts and carrying out counter transactions. They play a vital role in maintaining a high level of customer service. In-depth customer service training and induction is provided prior to starting in a branch.
- Mortgage Sales Managers (opens in new window) (opens in new window) work at mortgage centres in branches, engaging customers to understand their financial expectations and recommending the most appropriate mortgage solutions to meet their needs.
- Advance Wealth Managers (opens in new window) (opens in new window) provide recommendations and solutions to meet customers’ personal banking needs. They also build customer relationships while developing and implementing wealth preservation and wealth accumulation plans.
- Premier Relationship Manager (opens in new window) (opens in new window) develop strong professional relationships with Premier customers, offering needs-based recommendations aimed at helping them achieve their financial goals.
The demographic divide
Ageing populations may force governments to raise retirement ages, says HSBC’s James Pomeroy.
My sabbatical story
HSBC’s Andy Russell took six months off work to travel, thanks to the bank’s sabbatical policy.
Keeping the global engine running
Slowing growth and low inflation mean central banks face tough decisions, says HSBC’s Janet Henry.