At HSBC, we believe that how we do business is as important as what we do. We want to achieve good results in a way that treats our customers fairly and helps to strengthen communities and ensure a properly functioning financial system. Our values are central to achieving these aims.
HSBC’s values define who we are as an organisation and what makes us distinctive. We believe in acting with courageous integrity. We are:
- Standing firm for what is right, delivering on commitments, being resilient and trustworthy
- Taking personal accountability, being decisive, using judgment and common sense, empowering others
Open to different ideas and cultures
- Communicating openly, honestly and transparently, welcoming challenge, learning from mistakes
- Listening, treating people fairly, being inclusive, valuing different perspectives
Connected to customers, communities, regulators and each other
- Building connections, being aware of external issues, collaborating across boundaries
- Caring about individuals and their progress, showing respect, being supportive and responsive
These values reflect the best aspects of our heritage, and remain key to our long-term success.
Find out about our plans to boost growth, improve shareholder returns and enhance customer service.
Our people, our story
HSBC staff around the world explain what they enjoy about working for the bank.
How we do business
Learn more about the action we are taking to meet our wider responsibilities towards the customers and communities we serve.
Let’s talk about mental health
HSBC has launched a mental health education programme for all its employees worldwide.
Recognition for HSBC women
Three HSBC employees feature in American Banker’s list of influential women in finance.
HSBC launches mental health partnership
The bank is championing open and supportive discussions about mental health in the workplace.