At HSBC, we believe that how we do business is as important as what we do. We want to achieve good results in a way that treats our customers fairly and helps to strengthen communities and ensure a properly functioning financial system. Our values are central to achieving these aims and set clear expectations about how our people should behave.
HSBC’s values define who we are as an organisation and what makes us distinctive. We believe in acting with courageous integrity. We are:
- Standing firm for what is right, delivering on commitments, being resilient and trustworthy
- Taking personal accountability, being decisive, using judgment and common sense, empowering others
Open to different ideas and cultures
- Communicating openly, honestly and transparently, welcoming challenge, learning from mistakes
- Listening, treating people fairly, being inclusive, valuing different perspectives
Connected to customers, communities, regulators and each other
- Building connections, being aware of external issues, collaborating across boundaries
- Caring about individuals and their progress, showing respect, being supportive and responsive
These values reflect the best aspects of our heritage, and remain key to our long-term success.
I am determined to ensure we do business in a responsible, sustainable and ethical way
Our people, our story
Working at HSBC (duration 2:16)
Breaking records in Dubai
Find out how diversity and pedal power helped HSBC employees achieve a Guinness World Record.
The birth of the savings bank
What a 19th-century accounts book tells us about social progress and financial inclusion.
Leaders named as gender diversity champions
Six HSBC executives have been recognised for their support for women in the workplace.