At HSBC, we believe that how we do business is as important as what we do. We want to achieve good results in a way that treats our customers fairly and helps to strengthen communities and ensure a properly functioning financial system. Our values are central to achieving these aims.
HSBC’s values define who we are as an organisation and what makes us distinctive. We believe in acting with courageous integrity. We are:
- Standing firm for what is right, delivering on commitments, being resilient and trustworthy
- Taking personal accountability, being decisive, using judgment and common sense, empowering others
Open to different ideas and cultures
- Communicating openly, honestly and transparently, welcoming challenge, learning from mistakes
- Listening, treating people fairly, being inclusive, valuing different perspectives
Connected to customers, communities, regulators and each other
- Building connections, being aware of external issues, collaborating across boundaries
- Caring about individuals and their progress, showing respect, being supportive and responsive
These values reflect the best aspects of our heritage, and remain key to our long-term success.
Find out about our plans to boost growth, improve shareholder returns and enhance customer service.
HSBC sets out net zero ambition
Find out how we plan to help build a thriving low-carbon economy.
Cutting carbon for companies
HSBC has led a financing deal that will pay for sectors including construction and utilities to reduce their emissions in China and beyond.
The building that’s set to cut 108,000kg of carbon
An HSBC Hong Kong building’s rooftop solar panels can generate enough energy to power 54 homes.
Harnessing the benefits of blockchain
From trade finance to foreign exchange, find out how blockchain is improving the way we serve customers.