At HSBC, we believe that how we do business is as important as what we do. We want to achieve good results in a way that treats our customers fairly and helps to strengthen communities and ensure a properly functioning financial system. Our values are central to achieving these aims.
HSBC’s values define who we are as an organisation and what makes us distinctive. We believe in acting with courageous integrity. We are:
- Standing firm for what is right, delivering on commitments, being resilient and trustworthy
- Taking personal accountability, being decisive, using judgment and common sense, empowering others
Open to different ideas and cultures
- Communicating openly, honestly and transparently, welcoming challenge, learning from mistakes
- Listening, treating people fairly, being inclusive, valuing different perspectives
Connected to customers, communities, regulators and each other
- Building connections, being aware of external issues, collaborating across boundaries
- Caring about individuals and their progress, showing respect, being supportive and responsive
These values reflect the best aspects of our heritage, and remain key to our long-term success.
I am determined to ensure we do business in a responsible, sustainable and ethical way
Find out about our plans to boost growth, improve shareholder returns and enhance customer service.
Our people, our story
HSBC staff around the world explain what they enjoy about working for the bank.
Our ESG Update
HSBC’s latest ESG report outlines how the bank is working to meet its wider responsibilities.
Helping rugby’s future stars
More than 100,000 children attended HSBC rugby programmes around the world last year.
HSBC marks World Autism Awareness Day
Three employees on the autistic spectrum talk about working at HSBC.