Global Private Banking Graduate Programme
University is almost behind you, but do you know where you want your future to take you? Based in our Wealth and Private Banking business, our two-year Global Private Banking Graduate Programme will help you explore and discover where you fit in within this international business.
We encourage you to apply for your programme of choice as soon as possible, as we recruit on a rolling basis and may close applications before the advertised date, if all vacancies are filled.
On this two-year, competitively paid graduate programme, you will complete rotations across various divisions, including, but not limited to; Relationship Management, Investment Product and Services, Credit Advisory, Private Wealth Solutions, Business Management and Client Lifecycle Management.
What you can expect
In our Private Banking business, you can expect to build an international network and a commercial mindset and expertise, all while getting exposure to our diverse, high net-worth client base. It is a fast-paced, dynamic and competitive atmosphere, so keeping a level head and getting involved wherever you can will really help you kickstart your career. You can also expect to be working closely with our Commercial Banking, Global Banking & Markets, and Personal Banking businesses, helping you to build relationships with people who are willing to pass on knowledge and make your experience even more beneficial to your career.
Our Graduate Alumni network around the Americas, Europe and Asia will be available for you so you can interact with like-minded colleagues. A two week international secondment will give you exposure to our main business centres. A buddy, mentor and career coach will be assigned to help you navigate within the business and build your career and future.
What you will do
Whatever your degree background might be, we will provide you with work that develops your individual capabilities and exposes you to the world of private banking. You will learn how to build relationships with clients and colleagues by working closely with our senior management, putting together wealth management strategies, participating in advising clients on their wealth planning and investments, and working as a team to come up with creative ideas that strive to make our services better.
Life on the Global Private Banking programme (duration 1:50)
Who does this suit?
We’re looking for:
- Curious learners. You are eager to challenge the status quo, learn and listen in order to build relationships that encourage mutual respect. Looking to the future for our clients is what keeps us ahead of our competition.
- Flexible team players. Our business is international and you will be working with people from all backgrounds and cultures. You should adapt your style to different people and environments in a professional, considered and constructive manner.
- Confident advisers. You will learn how to advise clients and businesses on what is best for them and you will need to have conviction in your suggestions. We will support you in building the confidence and expertise to meet clients’ needs.
- Patient listeners. In Global Private Banking, gaining the knowledge, experience and understanding to be able to succeed takes time. You will work with senior professionals to see how you can progress at your own pace.
What can this lead to?
Upon successful completion of the programme, the skills you develop will give you the potential to move into various roles such as:
- Relationship Manager Analyst
- Associate Investment Counsellor
- Credit Advisory Analyst
- Product Specialist
- Business Manager
A global perspective (duration 1:40)
Climate change: our billion dollar ambition for SE Asia
Our new partnership will finance sustainable infrastructure projects over the next five years.
Helping a space business reach for the stars
We’ve financed a space electronics inventor to bring satellite technology to market.
Our Vision helps companies Go for growth
HSBC’s virtual community is helping businesses in Hong Kong to bounce back from the pandemic.