Global Asset Management Graduate Programme
Whether you’ve studied a social sciences or computer sciences degree isn’t important, if you have the right skills and motivation to learn about the world of international banking we’re interested to hear from you. Our Global Asset Management Graduate Programme will give you the freedom and flexibility to discover the right route for you.
We encourage you to apply for your programme of choice as soon as possible as we recruit on a rolling basis and may close applications before the advertised date if all vacancies are filled.
On this competitively paid two-year graduate programme, you will complete four rotations, each lasting six months, with training throughout and with exposure to Investments, Product, Risk, and either Business Development or Client Strategy.
What you can expect
In our Global Asset Management business, we develop and look after investment management products and services for international clients – from individual retail customers and major multinational enterprises through to sovereign wealth funds and financial institutions. Through this programme, you will see how we collaborate with different areas of the bank to meet the needs of these clients.
You’ll gain an insight into HSBC’s 155-year history, in either the UK or Hong Kong. You will have the opportunity to explore each area of Global Asset Management, learning from experts who understand our broad client base and know our products, services and capabilities. We will also introduce you to people of all cultures and backgrounds, support you in serving international clients and guide you in becoming a future leader at HSBC.
What you will do
You will attend an induction, meeting peers and business leaders from across the bank and all over the world, giving you a better understanding of the services we offer as a bank. By completing rotations across Asset Management, you will gain valuable insights into our processes, client approaches, design strategy, product trends and international impact. During your rotations you will discover the importance we place on protecting the interests of our clients.
By spending time across these dynamic and specialist areas, you will start to get a feel for where your skills fit best. Embrace every opportunity and you might surprise yourself about where you can make a real difference to our multinational bank. You will also have the chance to complete professional qualifications.
Who does this suit?
We are looking for curious and dedicated people who are:
- Strategic leaders. Being able to lead a team in a risk-managed, strategic manner is important for ensuring our business meets client needs and we promote the best investment solutions. You should be motivated by the opportunity to provide better ways of working for our clients
- Business-minded team players. You will communicate with peers and clients every single day, so it is important to bring an empathic, yet professional attitude to your work. Showing that you have a thorough understanding of our business needs is important in giving our clients confidence in your advice and service
- Opportunity takers. We are an international company that offers opportunities to driven, courageous people. Taking the chance to deliver more effective projects or learn from a new senior leader will show that you’ve got the motivation to succeed in our Global Asset Management business
- Versatile learners. Being able to interpret the needs of our clients and adapt to new environments is necessary in solving investment, product and business challenges. Collaborating with various teams is a valued quality and you should be passionate about what you can achieve together
What can this lead to?
If you excel here, you can go into:
- A specialist role, where you’ll help develop our investment capability
- A customer-facing role within one of our distribution channels
- A role in developing our product and client strategies.
From there, you will have the opportunity to develop your capabilities and grow your career in the direction which is right for you, including progression to a senior management or leadership position over time.
Sub-zero rates are no silver bullet
Negative interest rates provide a small boost to growth at best, says HSBC’s James Pomeroy.
Trade barriers hamper COVID fight
Open trade and investment has a key role to play in tackling coronavirus.
Cloudy now, brighter later
Why solar panel installation is set to bounce back after the short-term shock of coronavirus.