Applications for this programme are now closed.
This 12-month Apprenticeship offers you the opportunity to develop the foundation required in one of the most important areas of the Global Markets business. You will gain first-hand experience in managing and controlling the processing of trades and complex transactions, as well as providing post-trade support. This programme will prepare you for a successful career as an Operations Analyst within HSBC.
Who can apply?
To be considered for an apprenticeship you will:
- Be on track for, or have already achieved, 300 UCAS points (or equivalent) and above
- Hold qualifications in any subject but should have strong numeric skills and attention to detail
- Have already attained GCSE (or equivalent) Maths and English at minimum grade C
- Be hard-working, motivated and willing to take on new challenges
- Act with integrity, in keeping with HSBC's values
What to expect
Following your induction, you will undertake a 12-month placement working within Global Markets Operations where you will receive structured exposure to functions such as Risk and Control, Change and Client Services. You will work with dynamic and highly skilled colleagues to gain detailed product knowledge; and provide post-trade support for large and complex projects carried out by teams within Global Banking and Markets.
Post-programme, you will have the opportunity to move into an entry level role within Global Markets Operations.
Learning, development and support
Starting with an induction programme, you will learn about HSBC's strategy, culture and values. You will also learn how each function operates and what its business impact is, develop an understanding of relevant products, systems and customers, and grow your knowledge of Global Banking and Markets.
Over the course of the programme you will:
- Be fully supported in achieving a Financial Services Level 3 Certificate
- Build an invaluable network of global contacts
- Receive highly structured training that will encourage you to reach your full potential
- Have regular access to business leaders for coaching and advice on your progress
- Work towards the Investment Operations Certificate professional qualification through the Chartered Institute for Securities and Investment
- Receive ongoing, constructive feedback on your performance
- Gain insight into HSBC’s distinct strengths in the financial services industry
- Develop your knowledge of Global Banking and Markets