Applications are now open and will close on 28 February 2018. We encourage you to apply as soon as possible as applications may close earlier if all positions are filled.
Who can apply?
To be considered for the placement, you will:
- Be a second or penultimate-year student in any discipline (graduates who are interested in a career in the IT industry will also be considered)
- Have a good command of written and verbal English
- Be proficient in any of the following programming languages: C++, C#, Java, Visual Basics, or SQL
- Have the legal right to work in Hong Kong
What to expect
Supported by experienced managers, colleagues and a wide network of diverse peers, you'll be encouraged to take on responsibility and bring new ideas to the table. You will be valued as an individual and for the contribution you make.
Over the one-year placement, you will be provided with the opportunities and exposure needed to progress to a successful technology career in banking. The opportunities cover a diverse range of technology roles across the breadth of our business, from Retail Banking and Wealth Management to Commercial Banking and Global Banking and Markets. During your placement, you’ll experience the challenges of a technology-driven business environment, contributing to meaningful projects that have a direct impact on our business success.
You can expect practical training that will complement your academic studies, helping you to live up to our values while developing your career. During the placement, you’ll be challenged to use your academic knowledge to add value to the bank and improve your professional and personal skills.
If you deliver outstanding performance during the placement, you will have the opportunity to join HSBC in a permanent entry level position upon graduation.
Learning, development and support
The placement will equip you with the skills and experience required to start a successful career with HSBC, as well as the opportunity to develop your professional network with colleagues around the world.
Over the course of the placement, we typically offer:
- On-the-job learning to develop your technical knowledge
- Wide business exposure
- Various networking sessions, technology and business seminars
- Opportunities to meet and hear from senior managers on various business activities
- Student "learn-and-share" sessions
- Leadership exposure through IT student committee