To register, you will need your Shareholder Reference Number, which can be found on your share certificates and dividend tax vouchers, and other shareholder communications. Once registered, we will send you an e-mail alert each time a new document is made available. E-mail addresses will not be used for any purpose other than communicating with you as a shareholder.

Register for electronic communication

You can sign up to receive electronic communications from HSBC on the Computershare website. Please select from the links below according to the location in which your shares are registered.

The documents we currently make available electronically are: Annual Report and Accounts; Strategic Report; Interim Report; notices of shareholders' meetings and dividend circulars. Notifications of your dividend entitlement will also be e-mailed to you.

Please note that if HSBC is required to restrict the sending of any documents or information to any shareholder, for example due to the local laws of the jurisdiction in which the shareholder is resident or otherwise located, we may not be permitted to use electronic means to communicate with such shareholder. In any such case, or if for any other reason HSBC is unable to use electronic communications, we reserve the right to send printed copies of the relevant document or information.

Provide your bank account details for dividend payments

If you are in the United Kingdom, United States or Hong Kong and you receive your dividends in sterling, US dollars or Hong Kong dollars* (*shareholders on the Hong Kong Overseas Branch register only) please send a letter to our registrars with your bank account details including your ABA/ACH number. We will pay your dividends into your bank account.

Frequently asked questions