HSBC is committed to leading and shaping the debate around sustainable finance and investment. One of the ways we do this is by engaging with stakeholders, industry forums and groups that are focused on sustainability.
The organisations, groups, and initiatives of which HSBC is a member or signatory include:
Disclosure and transparency
- International Integrated Reporting Council
- IIF Sustainable Finance Group
- SASB Sector Advisory Group
- Task Force on Climate-related Financial Disclosures
Strategy and public affairs
- Banking Environment Initiative
- Energy Transitions Commission
- The Global Commission on the Economy and Climate
- Global Sullivan Principles
- World Economic Forum CEO Climate Leaders
- United Nations Environmental Program Finance Initiative
- United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change
- United Nations Global Compact
Global Asset Management
- Climate Action 100+
- Montreal Pledge
- Principles for Responsible Investing
- UN Environment’s Principles for Sustainable Insurance Initiative
Sustainability risk management
- Equator Principles
- Forest Stewardship Council
- Roundtable on Sustainable Palm Oil
Five climate trends for 2021
HSBC’s Daniel Klier examines the themes likely to dominate the run-up to the COP26 conference in November.
A dose of optimism
Vaccine breakthroughs should usher in a brighter dawn for global economic prospects for 2021, says HSBC’s Janet Henry.
Decisive decade ahead for climate finance
Progress has been made in the five years since the Paris Agreement – but bigger changes are coming.