HSBC named ‘World’s Best Bank’ by Euromoney
HSBC has won the title of ‘World’s Best Bank’ in Euromoney magazine’s Awards for Excellence 2017, one of the most significant accolades in financial services.
The Euromoney awards evaluate levels of service, financial performance and other achievements across the banking industry. This year the organisers received almost 1,500 submissions from banks around the world competing for global, regional and national titles.
Stuart Gulliver, Group Chief Executive, HSBC, accepted the ‘World’s Best Bank’ award on behalf of HSBC. He said: “This award is a fantastic endorsement of what HSBC has achieved over the last few years. It recognises the challenges and changes we have overcome, the hard work required to make HSBC the great bank we know it to be, and the results our efforts are now delivering.”
Euromoney said: “HSBC is better positioned than ever before to benefit from its core value proposition of financing cross-border capital and trade flows. HSBC has a unique global business that can continue to deliver good returns to shareholders and help its clients meet their international ambitions.”
HSBC also won the title of ‘World’s Best Investment Bank in the Emerging Markets’, as well as nine regional and national awards.
Samir Assaf, Chief Executive, Global Banking and Markets (GBM), HSBC, said: “This is a reflection of the tremendous efforts our global team has made. We’ve built a first-class financing, advisory and markets capabilities across geographies to help our clients participate in international opportunities. Today more than half of our GBM revenues come from cross-border business and the emerging markets are critical to our continuing success.”
Euromoney said: “Wherever there is potential for emerging market growth, HSBC is right at the forefront of it, whether it’s the Belt and Road Initiative from China or the opening up of the Saudi stock markets. The bank's expertise in transaction services and capital markets, especially for corporate clients, is hard to beat.”
The recognition from Euromoney follows a number of recent successes for HSBC in other industry and related awards:
- In May, HSBC was named ‘Best Global Trade Finance Bank’ in the Global Trade Review Leaders in Trade awards
- In June, it won ‘Best Overall Offshore RMB Products and Services’ for the sixth consecutive year in the Asiamoney Offshore RMB Poll 2017
- In July, HSBC was named among the top global employers by lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender organisation Stonewall, winning special recognition for its efforts to make the workplace more inclusive for trans people
Read more about recent awards won by HSBC.
Euromoney Awards for Excellence 2017
HSBC won the following:
- World’s Best Bank
- World’s Best Investment Bank in the Emerging Markets
- Western Europe’s Best Bank for Financing
- North America’s Best Bank for Transaction Services
- Asia’s Best Bank
- Hong Kong’s Best Bank
- Hong Kong’s Best Investment Bank
- Middle East’s Best Investment Bank
- Saudi Arabia’s Best Investment Bank
- Qatar’s Best Investment Bank
- Oman’s Best Bank
Leaders named as gender diversity champions
Six HSBC executives have been recognised for their support for women in the workplace.
Triple win for investment bank
HSBC has been named ‘Most Innovative Investment Bank of the Year’ by The Banker magazine.
HSBC best for transaction banking, says Euromoney
The bank won three global and six regional titles in Euromoney’s Awards for Excellence 2018.