Hong Kong Apprenticeship
The Hong Kong Apprenticeship is for non-final year university students looking to gain practical on-the-job experience over summer or winter, and build the skills needed to embark on a successful career in banking. We also look to the Apprenticeship to provide a pipeline of talent for our global student and graduate programmes and entry-level roles.
|Duration:||Eight to twelve weeks|
|Areas:||Global Functions, Retail Banking and Wealth Management|
Applications for this programme are now closed.
Who can apply?
To be considered for the Apprenticeship, you will:
- Be a non-final year student at a recognised university in Hong Kong or overseas
- Expect at least a second class honours degree in any discipline or equivalent
- Available to work full-time between December 2018 and February 2019
- Have solid PC skills in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Additional PC skills in Excel (Macro), Access and Projects, and Chinese typing skills would be advantageous
- Fluency in written and spoken English; Cantonese or Putonghua is advantageous
- Have the legal right to work in Hong Kong
What to expect
Supported by experienced managers, colleagues and a wide network of diverse peers, you will be encouraged to take on responsibility and bring new ideas to the table. You will be valued as an individual and for the contribution you make.
Over the course of the Apprenticeship, you will gain experience in the business area in which you are placed. You can expect a combination of practical experience, project-based work and functional exposure designed to help you decide where your future lies in banking. Opportunities for a longer apprenticeship may be possible depending on student availability and business preference.
Learning, development and support
The Apprenticeship will help equip you with the skills and experience required to start a successful career with HSBC, as well as the opportunity to develop your professional network with colleagues across the bank.
Over the course of the Apprenticeship, we typically offer:
- The opportunity to develop further insight into your business area or function
- A valuable insight into the workings of a global bank
- Varied on-the-job practical experience
Please note that as part of your application for the Apprenticeship, you will be required to upload your resume, university transcript and public examination result of secondary education.
Businesses seek green gains
Businesses can benefit financially by encouraging their suppliers to be more sustainable.
The new space race
Satellites could help to connect 350 million people worldwide to the internet in the coming decade, says HSBC’s Davey Jose.
HSBC hits USD25bn sustainability milestone
The bank has set itself a target of providing USD100 billion in sustainable financing by 2025.