Data Science and Engineering Graduate Programme
Whether your specialism is Applied Mathematics, Statistics, Machine Learning or a related scientific area, our Data Science and Engineering graduate programme offers the perfect entry point into HSBC’s cutting-edge Data Business.
We encourage you to apply for your programme of choice as soon as possible as we recruit on a rolling basis and may close applications before the advertised date if all vacancies are filled.
Our mission is to transform data into an enterprise asset to solve complex problems using cutting edge technologies – helping to rapidly implement insights that will drive more informed decision-making. Our rotational graduate programme will give you a breadth of experience whilst enabling you to develop your skills further.
After your induction and initial training programme you will learn about our different businesses and then understand the variety of opportunities available through a series of rotations. Whilst working in a team, you will use your analytic skills in various fields: this could be building and changing predictive analytical solutions, big data pipelines, data science and machine learning. You will collaborate with senior leaders and colleagues to create and implement quantitative solutions using different analytical principles to serve our clients.
What will you do
You will be transforming data into an enterprise asset to solve complex problems using the latest technologies, and statistical and machine learning techniques. This will help to rapidly implement insights and to deploy scalable distributed algorithms to process a wide array of large and complex datasets. The results of your work will drive informed decision-making across the organisation.
Who does this suit?
As well as the specialist skills and experience you bring, we want people who look for ways to make a real difference for our clients.
We are looking for dedicated, collaborative and motivated people who are:
- Committed researchers. Our markets and client needs are constantly changing. You should always be curious; questioning ideas and showing a keen interest in learning about our methods
- Agile workers. You will work in a fast-paced environment where everything evolves very quickly. You’ll maintain momentum by promoting agile working and ensuring we constantly deliver for our clients
- Analytical thinkers. You’ll need a good eye for detail, a creative mind for analysing trends, and the courage to adopt new analytical methods
- Team players. We collaborate by listening to new ideas, as well as voicing our own, in order to deliver and develop the best service for our clients
- Data enthusiasts. This programme will develop your statistical knowledge, passion for data or any programming skills you may already hold. You’ll gain a deep understanding of the theoretical grounds of machine learning and mathematical frameworks
What can this lead to?
Your rotations on the graduate programme will help you determine where in our businesses your skills and passions fit best. You will have support along the way to help you develop your career at HSBC.
Using data at HSBC (duration 3:06)
Investing in a sustainable recovery
Group Chief Executive Noel Quinn says the aftermath of COVID-19 offers an opportunity to build a more resilient and just economy.
A new digital currency for China
Centrally issued digital currencies could make payments safer and more efficient, explains HSBC’s Paul Mackel.
Why investment needs to carry growth
With trade languishing and consumers more withdrawn, investment must play a bigger role in driving the recovery after COVID-19.