- Net income before tax for the nine months to 30 September 2013 was MXN4,121m, a decrease of MXN1,381m or 25.1% compared with MXN5,502m for the same period in 2012.
- Net income for the nine months to 30 September 2013 was MXN3,005m, a decrease of MXN1,408m or 31.9% compared with MXN4,413m for the same period in 2012.
- Total operating income, net of loan impairment charges, for the nine months to 30 September 2013 was MXN20,186m, a decrease of MXN1,674m or 7.7% compared with MXN21,860m for the same period in 2012.
- Loan impairment charges for the nine months to 30 September 2013 were MXN5,817m, an increase of MXN1,558m or 36.6% compared with MXN4,259m for the same period in 2012.
- Administrative and personnel expenses were MXN16,096m, a decrease of MXN297m or 1.8% compared with MXN16,393m for the same period in 2012.
- The cost efficiency ratio was 61.9% for the nine months to 30 September 2013, compared with 62.8% for the same period in 2012.
- Net loans and advances to customers were MXN186.4bn at 30 September 2013, an increase of MXN5.6bn or 3.1% compared with MXN180.8bn at 30 September 2012. Total impaired loans as a percentage of gross loans and advances increased to 5.3% compared with 2.0% at 30 September 2012.
- At 30 September 2013, deposits were MXN255.0bn, a decrease of MXN31.6bn or 11.0% compared with MXN286.5bn at 30 September 2012.
- Return on equity was 7.6% for the nine months to 30 September 2013 compared with 12.3% for the same period in 2012.
- At 30 September 2013, the total capital adequacy ratio of Grupo Financiero HSBC’s principal subsidiary, HSBC Mexico S.A. (‘the bank’) was 15.6% and the tier 1 capital ratio was 12.7% compared with 14.4% and 11.3% respectively at 30 September 2012.
- In the first quarter of 2013, the bank paid a dividend of MXN1,400m, representing MXN0.72 per share, and Grupo Financiero HSBC paid a dividend of MXN2,500m, representing MXN0.89 per share.
2012 results have been restated to reflect the general insurance manufacturing businesses and the bonding company as discontinued operations.
HSBC Mexico S.A. (the bank) is a subsidiary of Grupo Financiero HSBC, S.A. de C.V.’s (Grupo Financiero HSBC) and is subject to supervision by the Mexican Banking and Securities Commission. The bank is required to file financial information on a quarterly basis (in this case for the quarter ended 30 September 2013) and this information is publicly available. Given that this information is available in the public domain, Grupo Financiero HSBC, S.A. de C.V. has elected to file this release. HSBC Seguros, S.A. de C.V. Grupo Financiero HSBC (HSBC Seguros) is Grupo Financiero HSBC’s insurance group.
Results are prepared in accordance with Mexican GAAP (Generally Accepted Accounting Principles).
Media enquiries to:
Telephone: +52 (55) 5721 2888
Group Media Relations
Telephone: +44 (0)20 7992 1631
Investor Relations enquiries to:
Telephone: +44 (0)20 7992 1938
Telephone: +52 (55) 5721 3001
Read the full media release.