- Net income before tax for the first half of 2013 was MXN3,019m, an increase of MXN214m or 7.6% compared with MXN2,805m for the first half of 2012.
- Net income for the first half of 2013 was MXN2,060m, a decrease of MXN266m or 11.4% compared with MXN2,326m for the first half of 2012.
- Total operating income, net of loan impairment charges, for the first half of 2013 was MXN13,632m, a decrease of MXN323m or 2.3% compared with MXN13,955m for the first half of 2012.
- Loan impairment charges for the first half of 2013 were MXN3,777m, an increase of MXN442m or 13.3% compared with MXN3,335m for the first half of 2012.
- Administrative and personnel expenses were MXN10,631m, a decrease of MXN547m or 4.9% compared with MXN11,178m for the first half of 2012.
- The cost efficiency ratio was 61.1% for the first half of 2013, compared with 64.7% for the first half of 2012.
- Net loans and advances to customers were MXN181.6bn at 30 June 2013, a decrease of MXN2.9bn or 1.6% compared with MXN184.4bn at 30 June 2012. Total impaired loans as a percentage of gross loans and advances increased to 4.3% compared with 2.2% at 30 June 2012.
- At 30 June 2013, deposits were MXN253.1bn, a decrease of MXN42.5bn or 14.4% compared with MXN295.5bn at 30 June 2012.
- Return on equity was 7.9% for the first half of 2013 compared with 10.0% for the first half of 2012.
- At 30 June 2013, the bank’s total capital adequacy ratio was 16.2% and the tier 1 capital ratio was 13.4% compared with 13.6% and 10.5% respectively at 30 June 2012.
- In the first quarter of 2013, the bank paid a dividend of MXN1,400m, representing MXN0.72 per share, and Grupo Financiero HSBC paid a dividend of MXN2,500m, representing MXN0.89 per share.
2012 results have been restated to reflect the general insurance manufacturing businesses as a discontinued operation.
HSBC Mexico S.A. (the bank) is a subsidiary of Grupo Financiero HSBC, S.A. de C.V.’s (Grupo Financiero HSBC) and is subject to supervision by the Mexican Banking and Securities Commission. The bank is
required to file financial information on a quarterly basis (in this case for the quarter ended 30 June 2013) and this information is publicly available. Given that this information is available in the public domain, Grupo Financiero HSBC, S.A. de C.V. has elected to file this release. HSBC Seguros, S.A. de C.V. Grupo Financiero HSBC (HSBC Seguros) is Grupo Financiero HSBC’s insurance group.
Results are prepared in accordance with Mexican GAAP (Generally Accepted Accounting Principles).
Read the full media release.