HSBC’s Project and Export Finance (PEF) practice is present in over 20 HSBC locations worldwide. HSBC holds leading positions in project finance advisory globally with market leading transactions in oil and gas, power, infrastructure and mining with expertise and experience in green and brownfield transactions. Additionally, HSBC is an award-winning and leading arranger of financing backed by official export credit agencies (ECA) globally.
Graduate Analyst Programme
The Graduate Analyst Programme offers you the opportunity to enhance your skills and gain the experience you need to excel as an Analyst at HSBC.
In PEF, this means building your expertise in a Project Finance team by getting involved in project structuring and arranging advice and/or working with ECAs as part of an Export Finance team.
Combined with access to our global business networks, you will have all the resources and support you need to realise your ambition.
Who can apply?
Our three-year, full-time Graduate Analyst Programme is open to graduates and final-year bachelor’s or master’s degree students.
To be considered for a placement, you will:
Apply now - Americas
- Act with integrity, in keeping with HSBC's values
- Have an interest in international finance and working across different cultures
- Enjoy working at a fast pace in a constantly evolving marketplace
- Have strong numerical, analytical and interpersonal skills
- Work well in a team – as both a leader and member
- Be hard-working, self-motivated and willing to take on new challenges
Apply now - Asia Pacific
Apply now - EMEA
Please note that the vacancies for the 2014 Graduate Analyst Programme in Hong Kong have now been filled.
What to expect
Starting with an in-depth induction programme that lasts up to six weeks and takes place just outside of London, you will learn about HSBC's strategy, objectives and market positioning. You will also receive technical and interpersonal skills training alongside others on the programme.
For the remainder of the programme, you will:
- Work closely with a team of professionals on advisory and debt-arranging transactions
- Develop an understanding of the financing needs of our customers and learn how to provide them with comprehensive cross-border solutions
- Develop client marketing, financial modelling and project risk analysis skills, or transaction structuring and execution skills
- Have the potential to work with senior decision makers across corporates, financial sponsors, governments and banks
- Develop your professional reputation and build an invaluable network of global contacts with peers and senior management
Learning, development and support
At HSBC, we are committed to the learning and development of our graduate analysts and believe that is best supported in a work environment that values diversity, respect and a healthy work-life balance.
At all stages of the programme, you will:
- Receive highly structured training that will encourage you to reach your full potential
- Have regular access to business leaders for coaching and personal progress advice
- Receive regular and constructive business feedback on your performance
- Gain insight into HSBC’s distinct strengths in the financial services industry
Over the course of the Graduate Analyst Programme, we want you to take the initiative, work with integrity and actively collaborate with our global teams. We hope to see you adopt our values and complete the programme with ambitions to develop a lasting and successful career at HSBC.