The Mexico University Programme is for final-year students looking to gain a detailed insight into the world of banking. The programme offers you the opportunity to learn in a real job and make an effective contribution to the growth of our bank.
Who can apply?
To be considered for the programme, you will:
- Be a final-year student at any university
- Be studying any bachelor’s degree – depending on areas requirements, preference is for administrative, technology, engineering, psychology, economics, mathematics, legal, finance and related degrees
- Be fluent in written and spoken English
- Be available for at least 30 hours a week, Monday to Friday
We will be recruiting for the first phase from October to December 2013 and for the second phase from January to February 2014.
What to expect
Supported by experienced managers, colleagues and a wide network of diverse peers, you'll be encouraged to take on responsibility and bring new ideas to the table. You will be valued as an individual and for the contribution you make.
Over the one-year programme, depending on which area of the bank you join, you may have the opportunity to undertake rotations within different areas of the same business line. This will provide you with the opportunity to take on key operational tasks and gain exposure to real work situations and live projects. During the programme, you’ll be challenged to use your talents and academic knowledge to add value to the bank and improve your professional and personal skills.
Learning, development and support
Our programme will equip you with the skills and experience required to start a successful career with HSBC, as well as the opportunity to develop your professional network with colleagues around the world.
Over the course of the programme, we typically offer:
- Real work experience
- A tutor to guide you and help you to achieve your personal goals
- Regular feedback on your performance through periodic evaluations and follow-up sessions