Graduate Analyst Programme
The Graduate Analyst Programme offers you the opportunity to enhance your skills and gain the experience you need to excel at HSBC. In Leveraged and Acquisition Finance, this means building your expertise in debt financing: how it is accrued and how our specialist team finds working solutions for our global customers.
Combined with access to our global business networks, you will have all the resources and support you need to realise your ambition.
Who can apply?
Our three-year, full-time Graduate Analyst Programme is open to graduates and final-year bachelor’s or master’s degree students.
To be considered for a placement, you will:
Apply now - Americas
- Act with integrity, in keeping with HSBC's values
- Be confident with numbers and analytical
- Be an articulate communicator
- Respond well to change
- Be confident to work with senior people
- Be ready to take on meaningful work from day one
- Be self-motivated and willing to take on new challenges
Apply now - Asia Pacific
Apply now - EMEA
Please note that the vacancies for the 2014 Graduate Analyst Programme in Hong Kong have now been filled.
What to expect
Starting with an in-depth induction programme that lasts up to six weeks and takes place just outside of London, you will learn about HSBC's strategy, objectives and market positioning. You will also receive technical and interpersonal skills training alongside others on the programme.
Following on from your induction, you will complete two placements within Origination and Private Sales and Syndicate.
For the duration of the programme, you will:
- Gain exposure to some of the world’s most high-profile and complex financing transactions
- Be part of different client-focused teams working on international transactions
- Learn how to structure complex debt products
- Work alongside other groups within HSBC, including Debt Capital Markets, Equity Capital Markets, Advisory and Commercial Banking
- Develop financial modelling, credit analysis and legal documentation skills
- Learn how to evaluate propositions and negotiate with clients
- Develop your professional reputation and build an invaluable network of global contacts with peers and senior management
NB: Currently, the Leveraged and Acquisition Finance Graduate Analyst Programme offered in New York does not offer rotating placements.
Learning, development and support
At HSBC, we are committed to the learning and development of our graduate analysts and believe that is best supported in a work environment that values diversity, respect and a healthy work-life balance.
At all stages of the programme, you will:
- Receive highly structured training that will encourage you to reach your full potential
- Have regular access to business leaders for coaching and personal progress advice
- Receive regular and constructive business feedback on your performance
- Gain insight into HSBC’s distinct strengths in the financial services industry
Over the course of the Graduate Analyst Programme, we want you to take the initiative, work with integrity and actively collaborate with our global teams. We hope to see you adopt our values and complete the programme with ambitions to develop a lasting and successful career at HSBC.