HSBC’s Leveraged and Acquisition Finance is a division within Global Banking. The business is responsible for arranging, underwriting and syndicating event-driven and flow-financing solutions for HSBC’s corporate and financial sponsor clients. The business covers corporate, leverage and private equity, infrastructure, high-yield and real estate financing.
Summer Analyst Internship
The aim of the Summer Analyst Internship is for you to develop skills that will help you become a well-connected, full-time employee at HSBC in the future.
Over 10 weeks, you will build your knowledge of Leveraged and Acquisition Finance, develop your analytical and communication skills and demonstrate your initiative and collaborative spirit within a team. Your line manager will manage your performance, as well as offer you support and guidance throughout.
Who can apply?
The internship is open to students in their penultimate year of university study.
To be considered for a placement, you will:
Apply now - Americas
- Act with integrity, in keeping with HSBC's values
- Be confident with numbers and analytical
- Be an articulate communicator
- Be confident enough to work with senior people
- Respond well to change
- Be ready to take on meaningful work from day one
- Be self-motivated and willing to take on new challenges
Apply now - Asia Pacific
Apply now - EMEA
What to expect
After a one-week induction, including information technology and technical training tailored to Leveraged and Acquisition Finance, you will complete a nine-week placement within a team. There, you will learn about debt financing and how our specialist team finds working solutions for our global customers.
We will offer you:
- First-hand experience on a live project or a number of transactions
- Both practical experience and classroom training so you will gain the right balance of knowledge and technical business skills
- Regular business and social events to complement your day-to-day role so you can build your network and establish your name
- Insight into HSBC's competitive advantages in international markets and the financial services industry
Learning, development and support
We are serious about your learning and development and want you to get the most out of your internship with HSBC. That is why we combine hands-on experience with technical and behavioural skills training and give you the opportunity to build strong networks with other interns and business leaders.
We will provide you with:
- A buddy who you can share ideas with and who will give you guidance and support
- Regular business feedback on your performance
- Opportunities to establish a solid network across Global Banking and Markets
- Encouragement to take the initiative and be proactive
- Exposure to real-life projects in a fast-paced environment
- A work environment that values diversity, respect and a healthy work-life balance
The Summer Analyst Internship also acts as an extended assessment centre for students who may want to join the full-time Leveraged and Acquisition Finance Graduate Analyst Programme. Students who perform well throughout the course may be offered a placement once they have graduated from university.
During the Summer Analyst Internship, we want you to take the initiative, collaborate and feel like a part of our global teams. Most of all, we hope that the internship will give you invaluable experience that will inspire you to develop a lasting career with us.