The HSBC Trinkaus Internship is for students looking to gain valuable insight into a career in banking. The internship provides the exposure, hands-on experience and on-the-job training to gain a head start in your career after graduation. We also look to the internship to provide a pipeline for developing our future banking leaders.
Who can apply?
To be considered for an internship, you will:
- Be undertaking an economics-related university course
- Have good to very good course achievements so far
- Have successfully completed the second semester of your course by the beginning of the internship
- Be confident using MS Office (in particular PowerPoint and Excel)
- Have good command of both spoken and written German and English
- Have good social skills
Depending on the area of deployment, there are possibly further special requirements (eg programming knowledge or initial practical experience) which you can find in the respective job description.
What to expect
Supported by experienced managers, colleagues and a wide network of diverse peers, you will be encouraged to take on responsibility and bring new ideas to the table. You will be valued as an individual and for the contribution you make.
Over the internship, the length of which will depend on the area you join but should last at least 12 weeks, you will be part of a team, supporting colleagues in day-to-day business and taking on assignments in current projects.
HSBC Trinkaus covers the full range of sophisticated and innovative financial services. You could be working in different business areas, such as the stock markets, capital markets and global functions, or you could be helping to service wealthy private clients, corporate clients or institutional clients.
You can expect practical training that will complement your academic studies, embedding our values while growing your career. During the HSBC Trinkaus Internship, you will be challenged to use your talents and academic knowledge to add value to the bank and improve your professional and personal skills.
Learning, development and support
Our internship will equip you with the skills and experience required to start a successful career with HSBC, as well as the opportunity to develop your professional network with colleagues around the world.
Over the course of the internship, we typically offer:
- Intensive on-the-job training
- A broad insight into our banking business
- Events to help you build a network
- Challenging and diverse opportunities to gain practical experiences