HSBC has long been established as one of the world’s leading global, regional and domestic securities services providers. Our presence in 45 markets means we play a pivotal role in the global financial services community, attracting well-established institutional clients that include global banks, insurance companies, investment managers, governments and multinational corporations.
Graduate Analyst Programme
The Graduate Analyst Programme offers you the opportunity to enhance your skills and gain the experience you need to excel at HSBC. At HSBC Securities Services, this means building your expertise in custody services, investment operations, fund administration, corporate trust and loan agency services. With the following: The Graduate Analyst Programme offers you the opportunity to enhance your skills and gain the experience you need to excel at HSBC. In HSBC Securities Services, this means building your expertise in custody services, investment operations, fund administration, corporate trust and loan agency services.
Combined with access to our global business network, you will have all the resources and support you need to realise your ambition.
Who can apply?
Our two-year, full-time Graduate Analyst Programme is open to graduates and final-year bachelor’s or master’s degree students.
To be considered for a placement, you will:
Apply now - Asia Pacific
- Act with integrity, in keeping with HSBC's values
- Be creative, tenacious and adaptable in an innovative and diverse environment
- Be committed, ambitious and able to drive change
- Have strong analytical, communication and relationship-building skills
- Be hard-working, organised, self-motivated and willing to take on new challenges
Apply now - EMEA
What to expect
Starting with an in-depth induction programme that lasts up to six weeks and takes place just outside of London, you will learn about HSBC's strategy, objectives and market positioning. You will also receive technical and interpersonal skills training alongside others on the programme.
Then, you will undertake four six-month placements, one of which will be international.
Throughout the programme, you will:
- Learn about our products
- Study for the industry-recognised Investment Operations qualification
- Learn how we facilitate investments across a range of global exchanges and the issuance of debt
- Build an invaluable network of global contacts with peers and senior management
- Build up experience in sales and business development, product development and market strategy, risk management and operations
- Develop your knowledge of Global Banking and Markets
Learning, development and support
At HSBC, we are committed to the learning and development of our graduate analysts and believe that is best supported in a work environment that values diversity, respect and a healthy work-life balance.
At all stages of the programme, you will:
- Receive highly structured training that will encourage you to reach your full potential
- Have regular access to business leaders for coaching and personal progress advice
- Receive regular and constructive business feedback on your performance
- Gain insight into HSBC’s distinct strengths in the financial services industry
Over the course of the Graduate Analyst Programme, we want you to take the initiative, work with integrity and actively collaborate across our global teams. Our analysts are a key part of our future talent pool, which we use to source our future leaders who will successfully run and develop our business. We hope to see you adopt our values and complete the programme with ambitions to develop a lasting and successful career at HSBC.