The HSBC Trinkaus European Management Trainee Programme is for graduates looking to develop a career in banking. The programme provides opportunities to develop your strategic thinking and leadership skills and, on completion, hopefully progress quickly into your first leadership role.
Who can apply?
To be considered for the programme, you will:
- Be a graduate or postgraduate
- Have banking experience, possibly gained from an internship or apprenticeship
- Have a good command of both spoken and written German and English
- Be nationally and internationally mobile
- Have very good social skills
What to expect
Supported by experienced managers, colleagues and a wide network of diverse peers, you will be encouraged to take on responsibility and bring new ideas to the table. You will be valued as an individual and for the contribution you make.
Over the two-year programme, you will understand how we work and how different parts within a specific business line of HSBC fit together. Through several placements, at least one of which will be overseas, you will be deployed in accordance with your individual skills and preferences, providing you optimal opportunity to develop the knowledge and insight required for a successful career in banking.
These placements will see you delivering live and influential projects, with emphasis on hands-on learning alongside experienced managers. As you progress on the programme, you will be taking on increasing responsibility and putting your knowledge into action.
Learning, development and support
Our programme will equip you with the skills and experience required to start a successful career with HSBC, as well as the opportunity to develop your professional network with colleagues around the world.
Over the course of the programme, we typically offer:
- Intensive, on-the-job learning
- Regular events to help you build a vital network of colleagues and future business contacts across the organisation
- The opportunity to participate in international training and development programmes
- In-house training on topics such as presentation, communication and management to help you in future projects.