The Hong Kong Regional Specialist Development Programme is for graduates looking to succeed in HSBC Technology and Services with a leading global bank. The programme provides focused technical training that will equip you with comprehensive, expert-level knowledge, complemented by opportunities to develop a broad understanding of the way our business handles functional operations in the Asia-Pacific region.
Who can apply?
To be considered for this programme, you will:
Apply now - HTS
- Have at least a second class honours degree in any discipline or equivalent from a recognised university in Hong Kong or overseas
- Be a recent graduate
Final employment is subject to obtaining the legal right to work in Hong Kong.
What to expect
Supported by experienced managers, colleagues and a wide network of diverse peers, you'll be encouraged to take on responsibility and bring new ideas to the table. You will be valued as an individual and for the contribution you make.
Over the two-year programme, you will develop the knowledge and skills that play an integral role in keeping our regional frontline businesses operating efficiently and effectively. Focusing on the integration between our operational processes and our modern technology, the programme provides regionally mobile opportunities to build diverse expertise. Placement opportunities include Service Delivery, IT Operations, Software Delivery and Change Delivery. There is also an overseas attachment to add global exposure to the varied on-the-job experience you’ll gain in Hong Kong.
You will play a role in overcoming some of the most pressing challenges our business faces, which will provide you with greater awareness of our functional operations, front office and back office across a diverse range of markets and cultures.
Learning, development and support
Our programme will equip you with the skills and experience required to start a successful career with HSBC, as well as the opportunity to develop your professional network with colleagues around the world.
Over the course of the programme, we typically offer:
- An induction session to familiarise you with HSBC
- The opportunity to join the Group Graduate Development Programme – an intensive period of skill and experience development in the UK
- The opportunity to join the Regional Graduate Development Programme to provide you with a solid overview of our regional functions and strategy in the Asia-Pacific region
- Ongoing networking events to build relationships with local and regional senior management
- A mentor to provide coaching and guidance throughout the programme, plus a line mentor in each placement to facilitate technical training
- Performance assessments and feedback sessions
- An opportunity for an overseas attachment