The Hong Kong Regional Specialist Development Programme is for graduates looking to succeed in Group Internal Audit with a leading global bank. The programme provides focused technical training that will equip you with comprehensive, expert-level knowledge, complemented by opportunities to develop a broad understanding of the way our business handles functional operations in the Asia-Pacific region.
Who can apply?
To be considered for this programme, you will:
Apply now - Internal Audit
- Have at least a second class honours degree in any discipline or equivalent from a recognised university in Hong Kong or overseas
- Be a recent graduate
Final employment is subject to obtaining the legal right to work in Hong Kong.
What to expect
Supported by experienced managers, colleagues and a wide network of diverse peers, you will be encouraged to take on responsibility and bring new ideas to the table. You will be valued as an individual and for the contribution you make.
Over the 20-month programme, you’ll be part of a team that reviews some of HSBC’s largest and most interesting Global Businesses and Global Functions. Conducting audit work across Asia-Pacific and internationally, you will ensure suitable governance structures exist and the most significant risks are managed properly. The work will involve undertaking two core placements in Risk Audit and Information Technology Audit.
You will play a role in overcoming some of the most pressing challenges our business faces, which will provide you with greater awareness of our functional operations, front office and back office across a diverse range of markets and cultures.
Learning, development and support
Our programme will equip you with the skills and experience required to start a successful career with HSBC, as well as the opportunity to develop your professional network with colleagues around the world.
Over the course of the programme, we typically offer:
- An induction session to familiarise you with HSBC
- The opportunity to join the Group Graduate Development Programme – an intensive period of skill and experience development in the UK
- The opportunity to join the Regional Graduate Development Programme – to provide a solid overview of our regional functions and strategy in the Asia-Pacific region
- Ongoing networking events to build relationships with local and regional senior management
- A mentor to provide coaching and guidance throughout the programme, plus a line mentor in each placement to facilitate technical training
- Performance assessments and feedback sessions