The Hong Kong Internship Programme is for students looking to gain valuable insight into a career in banking. The programme provides the exposure, hands-on experience and on-the-job training to gain a head start in your career after graduation. We also look to the programme to provide a pipeline of future management talent.
Who can apply?
To be considered for the programme, you will:
- Be a penultimate-year student at a recognised university in Hong Kong or overseas
- Be on course for at least a second class honours degree in any discipline or equivalent
- Be fluent in English, Cantonese and Putonghua
- Have strong PC skills in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Have additional PC skills in Excel (Macro), Access and Projects, and Chinese typing skills would be advantageous
- Have the legal right to work in Hong Kong
What to expect
Supported by experienced managers, colleagues and a wide network of diverse peers, you'll be encouraged to take on responsibility and bring new ideas to the table. You will be valued as an individual and for the contribution you make.
Over the eight-week programme, you’ll develop advanced knowledge and experience. Each year, our internships offer opportunities within various areas, subject to availability, that are designed to prepare high-calibre individuals for a senior-level career in the financial industry. Top performers may be fast-tracked into the final assessment stage of one of our well-regarded graduate programmes on completion of their studies.
You can expect practical training that will complement your academic studies, embedding our values while growing your career. During the Hong Kong Internship Programme, you’ll be challenged to use your talents and academic knowledge to add value to the bank and improve your professional and personal skills.
Learning, development and support
Our programme will provide you with an insight into what it’s like to work for a global bank and help you decide your future career options.
Over the course of the programme, we typically offer:
- On-the-job training through a series of placements
- Participation in high-level projects that have business impact
- Networking opportunities with our senior management teams
- Regular lunch and learn sessions by senior management
- Regular coaching and feedback sessions for personal development