Who can apply?
To be considered for the programme, you will:
- Be a second or penultimate-year university student
- Have the legal right to work in Hong Kong
- Have well-developed language skills in English
- Have solid PC skills in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Have additional PC skills in Excel (Macro), Access and Projects, and Chinese typing skills would be advantageous
Co-op opportunities will be posted at universities; please check with your university career centre for further details on available positions and applications. Students who are not enrolled at a university offering a co-op programme may still be eligible to take part subject to receiving appropriate approval from their university.
What to expect
Supported by experienced managers, colleagues and a wide network of diverse peers, you'll be encouraged to take on responsibility and bring new ideas to the table. You will be valued as an individual and for the contribution you make.
Work placements generally last between six to 12 months and may be eligible for credit equivalencies, subject to university/college requirements.
You can expect practical training that will complement your academic studies, embedding our values while growing your career. During the programme, you will be challenged to use your talents and academic knowledge to add value to the bank and improve your professional and personal skills.
Learning, development and support
Our programme will equip you with the skills and experience required to start a successful career with HSBC, as well as the opportunity to develop your professional network with colleagues around the world.
Over the course of the programme, we typically offer:
- The opportunity to build your skills and banking knowledge in a real working environment
- Opportunities to take on responsibilities in a selection of interesting projects