The Hong Kong Apprenticeship Programme is for non-final year students looking to gain practical experience and build the skills needed for a long and successful career in banking. We also look to the programme to provide a pipeline of talent for our graduate programmes and entry level permanent roles.
Who can apply?
To be considered for the programme, you will:
- Be a non-final year student at a recognised university in Hong Kong or overseas
- Expect at least a second class honours degree in any discipline or equivalent
- Have well-developed language skills in English and Cantonese. Putonghua will be advantageous
- Have solid PC skills in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Additional PC skills in Excel (Macro), Access and Projects, and Chinese typing skills would be advantageous
- Have the legal right to work in Hong Kong
What to expect
Supported by experienced managers, colleagues and a wide network of diverse peers, you will be encouraged to take on responsibility and bring new ideas to the table. You will be valued as an individual and for the contribution you make.
Over the eight-to-ten week summer programme (or it could be longer depending on student availability and business preference), you gain experience in one of our Global Businesses or Global Functions. You can expect a combination of practical experience, important project-based work and functional exposure designed to help you decide where your future lies in banking.
Learning, development and support
Our programme will equip you with the skills and experience required to start a successful career with HSBC, as well as the opportunity to develop your professional network with colleagues around the world.
Over the course of the programme, we typically offer:
- The opportunity to develop an inside understanding of your business function
- A valuable insight into the workings of global financial markets
- Varied on-the-job practical experience