HSBC Trinkaus Working Students is for university students looking to complement their studies with valuable practical experience in a leading global bank.
Who can apply?
To be considered as an HSBC Trinkaus Working Student, you should:
- Be enrolled in a German university
- Be interested in a medium- to long-term course-related placement
- Be regularly available for 10-20 hours a week
- Be studying a subject related to your desired area of deployment
- Have good course achievements so far
- Be confident using MS Office (in particular PowerPoint and Excel)
- Have good command of both spoken and written German and English
- Have good social skills
Depending on the area of deployment, there are possibly further special requirements (eg programming knowledge or initial practical experience), which you can find in the respective job description.
What to expect
Supported by experienced managers, colleagues and a wide network of diverse peers, you will be encouraged to take on responsibility and bring new ideas to the table. You will be valued as an individual and for the contribution you make.
As a Working Student for at least one semester, you will be involved in the daily business and have the opportunity to use your talents and academic knowledge to add value to the bank and improve your professional and personal skills. This will see you gaining practical experience in interesting areas and functions within the bank, such as Global Banking and Markets, Asset Management, Commercial Banking, Global Private Banking, HSBC Technology and Services and Global Functions.
Learning, development and support
As an HSBC Trinkaus Working Student, we will typically offer you:
- Intensive, on-the-job training that will complement your academic studies
- A broad insight into our banking business
- Challenging and diverse opportunities to gain practical experiences