Graduate Analyst Programme
The Graduate Analyst Programme offers you the opportunity to enhance your skills and gain the experience you need to excel at HSBC. In Global Research, this means building your expertise in our macro, sector and company-scaled research, our strength in emerging markets and climate change.
Combined with access to our global business networks, you will have all the resources and support you need to realise your ambition.
Who can apply?
Our 18-month, full-time Graduate Analyst Programme is open to graduates and final-year bachelor’s or master’s degree students.
To be considered for a placement, you will:
Apply now - Americas
- Act with integrity, in keeping with HSBC's values
- Have enthusiasm for understanding long-, medium- and short-term trends in the global economy
- Have strong analytical and presentational skills
- Be focused, professional and an effective communicator
- Be hard-working, self-motivated and willing to take on new challenges
Apply now - Asia Pacific
Apply now - EMEA
Please note that the vacancies for the 2014 Graduate Analyst Programme in Hong Kong have now been filled.
What to expect
Starting with an in-depth induction programme that lasts up to six weeks and takes place just outside of London, you will learn about HSBC's strategy, objectives and market positioning. You will also receive technical and behavioural skills training alongside others on the programme.
Then, you will complete two nine-month placements within separate asset classes and may even get the opportunity for an international placement.
Macro research: You will learn to analyse economic developments and key trends in various financial markets. Research ranges from long-term studies on economic growth to interest rate and foreign currency forecasts.
Sector and company research: You will contribute to analyses of major industry sectors from a truly global perspective, identifying the most important themes and predicting how they might affect customers in the medium term.
Throughout the programme, you will:
- Help to provide a wide variety of research to corporate and institutional customers
- Gather data and develop your financial modelling skills
- Respond to customer questions and build reliable relationships with them, internal sales and trading teams
- Be a trusted member of a network made up of specialised research analysts and economists
- Develop your professional reputation and build an invaluable network of global contacts with peers and senior management
- Have the opportunity to complete the Chartered Financial Analyst qualification
Learning, development and support
At HSBC, we are committed to the learning and development of our graduate analysts and believe that is best supported in a work environment that values diversity, respect and a healthy work-life balance.
At all stages of the programme, you will:
- Receive highly structured training that will encourage you to reach your full potential
- Have regular access to business leaders for coaching and personal progress advice
- Receive regular and constructive business feedback on your performance
- Gain insight into HSBC’s distinct strengths in the financial services industry
Over the course of the Graduate Analyst Programme, we want you to take the initiative, work with integrity and actively collaborate with our global teams. We hope to see you adopt our values and complete the programme with ambition to develop a lasting and successful career at HSBC.