Our international team of specialists advise customers on equity, foreign exchange, credit, rates and debt products, providing strategic solutions as markets fluctuate and change. Our global platform gives unrivalled access to markets and clients worldwide, and we have particular strengths in the UK, Europe, the Middle East, Asia and Latin America.
Summer Analyst Internship
The aim of the Summer Analyst Internship is for you to develop skills that will help you become a well-connected, full-time Analyst at HSBC in the future.
Over 10 weeks, you will build your knowledge of Global Markets Sales, Trading and Debt Capital Markets, your analytical and communication skills, and demonstrate your initiative and collaborative spirit within a team. Your line manager will set measurable objectives and manage your performance, as well as offer you support and guidance throughout.
Who can apply?
The internship is open to students in their penultimate year of university study.
To be considered for a placement, you will:
Apply now - Americas
- Act with integrity, in keeping with HSBC's values
- Have an interest in international markets and finance
- Have up-to-date market knowledge
- Be adaptable to fast-paced changes in markets and our services
- Be highly numerate and analytical
- Be hard-working, self-motivated and willing to take on new challenges
Apply now - Asia Pacific
Apply now - EMEA
What to expect
After a one-week induction, including IT and technical training tailored to Global Markets, you will complete a nine-week placement within a team in Sales, Trading or Debt Capital Markets, where you will work on a diverse range of customer-oriented projects.
Sales: On a daily basis, you will focus on developing and nurturing relationships with customers, communicating general market views and specific investment solutions.
Trading: You will help trade orders for customers and keep them updated with news and order flows. You will also communicate vital information like pre-market indications and trading ideas to Sales.
Debt and Capital Markets: You will help advise the world’s highest profile borrowers as they raise capital and manage their funding needs, acting as their interface with the credit and rates markets. You will communicate market intelligence, trade recommendations and investor relations advice to clients and other teams in Global Markets.
We will offer you:
- First-hand experience on a live project or a number of transactions
- Both practical experience and classroom training so you will gain the right balance of knowledge and technical business skills
- Regular business and social events to complement your day-to-day role so that you can build your network and establish your name
- Insight into HSBC's competitive advantages in international markets and the financial services industry
Learning, development and support
We are serious about your learning and development and want you to get the most out of your internship with HSBC. That is why we combine hands-on experience with technical and behavioural skills training, and give you the opportunity to build strong networks with other interns and business leaders.
We will provide you with:
- A buddy who you can share ideas with, and who will give you guidance and support
- Regular business feedback on your performance
- Opportunities to establish a solid network across Global Banking and Markets
- Encouragement to take the initiative and be proactive
- A work environment that values diversity, respect and a healthy work-life balance
The Summer Analyst Internship also acts as an extended assessment centre for students who may want to join the full-time Global Markets Sales, Trading and Debt Capital Markets, Graduate Analyst Programme. Students who perform well throughout the internship may be offered a placement once they have graduated from university.
During the Summer Analyst Internship, we want you to take the initiative, collaborate and feel like a part of our global teams. But most of all, we hope that the internship will give you invaluable experience that will inspire you to develop a lasting career with us.