Our international team of specialists advise customers on equity, foreign exchange, credit, rates and debt products, providing strategic solutions as markets fluctuate and change. Our global platform gives unrivalled access to markets and clients worldwide, and we have particular strengths in the UK, Europe, the Middle East, Asia and Latin America.
Graduate Analyst Programme
The Graduate Analyst Programme offers you the opportunity to enhance your skills and gain the experience you need to excel at HSBC. In Global Markets, you will refine these skills within Sales, Trading or Debt Capital Markets, and combined with access to our global business networks, you will have all the resources and support you need to realise your ambition.
Who can apply?
Our one-year, full-time Graduate Analyst Programme is open to graduates and final-year bachelor’s or master’s degree students. If you are an MBA candidate, we have a dedicated MBA Associate Programme.
To be considered for a placement, you will:
Apply now - Americas
- Act with integrity, in keeping with HSBC's values
- Have a passion for understanding financial markets
- Have up-to-date market knowledge
- Have the ability to thrive in a fast-paced and varied work environment
- Be adaptable to changes in markets and our services
- Be a team player, confident and highly driven to succeed
- Be highly numerate and analytical
- Be hard-working, self-motivated and willing to take on new challenges
Apply now - Asia Pacific
Apply now - EMEA
What to expect
Starting with an in-depth six-week induction programme in London, you will learn about HSBC's strategy, objectives and market positioning. You will also receive technical and interpersonal skills training alongside others on the programme.
Depending on your application, you will then join a team in either Sales, Trading or Debt Capital Markets, and undertake three four-month placements. At least one of these placements will be outside of your selected discipline.
Sales: On a daily basis, you will focus on developing and nurturing relationships with customers, communicating general market views and specific investment solutions.
Trading: You will trade orders for customers and keep them updated with news and order flows. You will also communicate vital information like pre-market indications and trading ideas to Sales.
Debt Capital Markets: You will help advise the world’s highest profile borrowers as they raise capital and manage their funding needs, acting as their interface with the credit and rates markets. You will communicate market intelligence, trade recommendations and investor relations advice to clients and other teams in Global Markets.
Throughout the programme, you will:
- Fully engage with the business
- Receive regular access to business leaders
- Be encouraged to develop your professional reputation and build an invaluable network of global contacts with peers and senior management
Learning, development and support
At HSBC, we are committed to the learning and development of our graduate analysts and believe that is best supported in a work environment that values diversity, respect and a healthy work-life balance.
At all stages of the programme, you will:
- Receive highly structured training that will encourage you to reach your full potential
- Have regular access to business leaders for coaching and personal progress advice
- Receive regular and constructive business feedback on your performance
- Gain insight into HSBC’s distinct strengths in the financial services industry
Over the course of the Graduate Analyst Programme, we want you to take the initiative, work with integrity and actively collaborate with our global teams. We hope to see you adopt our values and complete the programme with ambitions to develop a lasting and successful career at HSBC.