Graduate Analyst Programme
The Graduate Analyst Programme offers you the opportunity to enhance your skills and gain the experience you need to excel at HSBC. In Global Markets Operations, this means building your expertise in post-trade support for complex transactions.
Combined with access to our global business networks, you will have all the resources and support you need to realise your ambition.
Who can apply?
Our 18-month, full-time Graduate Analyst Programme is open to graduates and final-year bachelor's or master's degree students.
To be considered for a placement, you will:
Apply now - Asia Pacific
- Act with integrity, in keeping with HSBC's values
- Be creative, tenacious and flexible in an innovative environment
- Be committed, ambitious and able to cost-effectively drive change
- Have strong analytical, numerical and interpersonal skills
- Be hard-working, self-motivated and willing to take on new challenges
Apply now - EMEA
Please note that the vacancies for the 2014 Graduate Analyst Programme in Hong Kong have now been filled.
What to expect
Starting with an in-depth induction programme that lasts up to six weeks and takes place just outside of London, you will learn about HSBC's strategy, objectives and market positioning. You will also receive technical and interpersonal skills training alongside others on the programme.
Then, you will undertake two nine-month placements with structured exposure to functions like Risk and Control, Change and Client Services. Alongside classroom training, you will learn how each function operates and what its business impact is, and work towards the Investment Operations Certificate professional qualification through the Chartered Institute for Securities and Investment.
Throughout the programme, you will:
- Help your team provide post-trade support for large and complex projects carried out by Global Banking and Markets
- Develop an understanding of relevant products, systems and customers
- Develop your knowledge of Global Banking and Markets
- Develop your professional reputation and build an invaluable network of global contacts with peers and senior management
Learning, development and support
At HSBC, we are committed to the learning and development of our graduate analysts and believe that is best supported in a work environment that values diversity, respect and a healthy work-life balance.
At all stages of the programme, you will:
- Receive highly structured training that will encourage you to reach your full potential
- Have regular access to business leaders for coaching and personal progress advice
- Receive regular and constructive business feedback on your performance
- Gain insight into HSBC’s distinct strengths in the financial services industry
Over the course of the Graduate Analyst Programme, we want you to take the initiative, work with integrity and actively collaborate with our global teams. We hope to see you adopt our values and complete the programme with ambitions to develop a lasting and successful career at HSBC.