Our international team of specialists advise customers on foreign exchange, credit, rates and debt, providing strategic solutions as markets fluctuate and change. While our operations stretch worldwide, we have particular strengths in the UK, Europe, the Middle East, Asia and Latin America.
MBA Associate Programme
The MBA Associate Programme offers you the opportunity to enhance the skills and experiences you need to excel as an associate at HSBC. In Global Markets, you will build and specialise your skills within Sales, Trading or Debt Capital Markets. Combined with access to global business networks, you will have all the resources you need to realise your ambition.
Who can apply?
The full-time MBA Associate Programme is open to final-year MBA students around the world.
To be considered for a placement, you will:
Apply now - Americas
- Have a passion for understanding financial markets
- Have up-to-date market knowledge
- Have the ability to thrive in a fast-paced and varied work environment
- Be adaptable to changes in markets and our services
- Be highly numerate and analytical
Apply now - Asia Pacific
Apply now - EMEA
What to expect
Starting with an in-depth induction programme that lasts up to six weeks and takes place just outside of London, you will learn about HSBC's strategy, objectives and market positioning. You will also receive technical and behavioural skills training alongside other MBA Associates on the global programme.
You will then join a team within Sales, Trading or Debt Capital Markets and work on a diverse range of customer-oriented projects. Which team you join for the duration of the programme will be discussed with you during the interview process and matched to your specific skill set.
Sales: On a daily basis, you will focus on developing and nurturing relationships with customers, communicating general market views and specific investment recommendations.
Trading: You will help trade orders for customers and keep them updated with news and order flows. You will also communicate vital information such as pre-market indications and trading ideas to Sales.
Debt Capital Markets: Along with developing financial modelling skills, you will gather data to be presented to customers and help create and implement debt capital-related strategies.
Throughout the programme, you will:
- Participate in projects at all levels within Global Markets
- Fully engage with the business
- Receive regular access to business leaders
- Be encouraged to develop your professional reputation and build an invaluable network of global contacts with peers and senior management
Learning, development and support
At HSBC, we are committed to the learning and development of our MBA associates and believe that is best supported in a work environment that values diversity, respect and a healthy work-life balance.
At all stages of the programme, you will:
- Receive highly structured training that will encourage you to reach your full potential
- Have access to your Associate Development Adviser and line manager for coaching and personal progress advice
- Receive regular and constructive business feedback on your performance
- Gain insight into HSBC’s distinct strengths in the financial services industry
Over the course of the MBA Associate Programme, we want you to take the initiative, work with integrity and actively collaborate with our global teams. We hope to see you adopt our values and complete the programme as an associate with ambitions to develop a lasting and successful career at HSBC.