Graduate Analyst Programme
The Graduate Analyst Programme offers you the opportunity to enhance your skills and gain the experience you need to excel at HSBC. In Global Banking and Markets Technology, this means building your expertise in our system’s technological architecture and operational processes.
Combined with access to our global business networks, you will have all the resources and support you need to realise your ambition.
Who can apply?
Our two-year, full-time Graduate Analyst Programme is open to graduates and final-year bachelor’s or master’s degree students.
To be considered for a placement, you will:
Apply now - EMEA
- Act with integrity, in keeping with HSBC's values
- Be on track for a 2:1
- Have strong analytical and numeric skills
- Enjoy the challenge of problem solving within an international team
- Be passionate about technology and good at building relationships
- Be hard-working, self-motivated and willing to take on new challenges
What to expect
Starting with an in-depth induction programme that lasts up to six weeks and takes place just outside of London, you will learn about HSBC's strategy, objectives and market positioning. You will also receive technical and interpersonal skills training alongside others on the programme.
Then, you will undertake four six-month placements working in technology for front office, post-trade, infrastructure, and support or control functions.
For the remainder of the programme, you will:
- Be working with dynamic and highly competent technologists in our own secure innovation laboratories, where you can download and prototype new technologies
- Have the opportunity to work on preparations for major new industry regulations, create new or develop current platforms, or contribute to the design and maintenance of an existing award-winning platform
- Witness the changes and effects of the rise of certain emerging markets
- Develop your knowledge of Global Banking and Markets
- Develop your professional reputation and build an invaluable network of global contacts with peers and senior management
Learning, development and support
At HSBC, we are committed to the learning and development of our graduate analysts and believe that is best supported in a work environment that values diversity, respect and a healthy work-life balance.
At all stages of the programme you will:
- Receive highly structured training that will encourage you to reach your full potential
- Have regular access to business leaders for coaching and personal progress advice
- Receive regular and constructive business feedback on your performance
- Gain insight into HSBC’s distinct strengths in the financial services industry
Over the course of the Graduate Analyst Programme, we want you to take the initiative, work with integrity and actively collaborate with our global teams. We hope to see you adopt our values and complete the programme with ambitions to develop a lasting and successful career at HSBC.