Global Banking Advisory creates, develops and undertakes corporate transactions and capital-raising projects for HSBC’s global customers. These activities include mergers, acquisitions, divestitures, joint ventures, financial restructurings, and equity and debt capital raisings.
Our teams in Product and Coverage create bespoke investment banking solutions within most major industry sectors, from financial institutions and resources and energy to transport, consumer and media.
Product: Comprising the Mergers and Acquisitions and the Corporate Finance teams
Coverage: Comprising Financial Institutions, Resources and Energy, Financial Sponsors and Corporate Sector Group
In addition, our global presence, strength and expertise means we are ideally placed to offer multinational customers well-informed opinions in emerging markets, key growth areas and established economies around the world.
Summer Analyst Internship
The aim of the Summer Associate Internship is for you to develop skills that will help you decide if you would like to become a full-time Associate at HSBC in the future.
Over 10 weeks, you will build your technical knowledge, develop your analytical and communication skills, and demonstrate your initiative and collaborative spirit within a team. Your line manager will set measurable objectives and manage your performance, as well as offer you support and guidance throughout.
Who can apply?
This internship is open to first-year MBA students.
To be considered for a placement, you will:
Apply now - Americas
- Act with integrity, in keeping with HSBC's values
- Have up-to-date knowledge of international markets
- Have an understanding of how geographies and markets are linked
- Aspire to provide the best advice possible to our customers
- Be self-motivated and willing to take on new challenges
Apply now - Asia Pacific
Apply now - EMEA
What to expect
After a one-week induction, including IT and technical training tailored to Global Banking, you will complete a nine-week placement within one of the four divisions. Because the programme is non-rotational, the team you will join will be discussed with you during the interview process and matched to your specific skill set. As part of your team, you will learn about our knowledge of different products, industries and geographies, and contribute to live financial advisory and coverage projects.
We will offer you:
- First-hand experience on a live project or a number of transactions
- Both practical experience and classroom training so you will gain the right balance of knowledge and technical business skills
- Regular business and social events to complement your day-to-day role so you can build your network and establish your name
- Insight into HSBC's competitive advantages in international markets and the financial services industry
Learning, development and support
We are serious about your learning and development and want you to get the most out of your internship with HSBC. That is why we combine hands-on experience with technical and behavioural skills training, and give you the opportunity to build strong networks with other interns and business leaders.
We will provide you with:
- A buddy who you can share ideas with and who will give you guidance and support
- Regular business feedback on your performance
- Opportunities to establish a solid network across Global Banking and Markets
- Encouragement to take the initiative and be proactive
- A work environment that values diversity, respect and a healthy work-life balance
The Summer Associate Internship also acts as an extended assessment centre for students who may want to join the full-time Global Banking Advisory MBA Associate Programme. Students who perform well throughout the course may be offered a placement once they have graduated from university.
On the MBA Summer Associate Programme, we want you to take the initiative, collaborate and feel like a part of our global teams. Most of all, we hope that the internship will give you invaluable experience that will inspire you to develop a lasting career with us.