Global Banking Advisory creates, develops and undertakes corporate transactions and capital-raising projects for HSBC’s global customers. These activities include mergers, acquisitions, divestitures, joint ventures, financial restructurings, and equity and debt capital raisings.
Our teams create bespoke investment banking solutions within most major industry sectors, from financial institutions and resources and energy to transport, consumer and media.
Product: Comprising the Mergers and Acquisitions and the Corporate Finance teams
Coverage: Comprising Financial Institutions, Resources and Energy, Financial Sponsors and Corporate Sector Group
In addition, our global presence, strength and expertise means we are ideally placed to offer multinational customers well-informed opinions in emerging markets, key growth areas and established economies around the world.
MBA Associate Programme
The MBA Associate Programme offers you the opportunity to enhance the skills and experiences you need to excel as an Associate at HSBC.
In Global Banking Advisory, this means building your expertise in mergers and acquisitions and helping develop and implement investment banking transactions comprising different products, industries and geographies.
Combined with access to global business networks, You will have all the resources you need to realise your ambition.
Who can apply?
Our full-time MBA Associate Programme is open to final-year MBA students around the world.
To be considered for a placement, you will:
Apply now - Americas
- Have an interest in international markets and finance
- Value teamwork and relationship building
- Be ambitious
- Have the passion and ability to drive change
- Be committed to working in a creative, innovative and diverse environment
Apply now - Asia Pacific
Apply now - EMEA
What to expect
Starting with an in-depth induction programme that lasts up to six weeks and takes place just outside of London, you will learn about HSBC's strategy, objectives and market positioning. You will also receive technical and interpersonal skills training alongside other MBA students on the programme.
For the remainder of the programme, you will:
- Join one of the Product or Coverage teams and make a significant contribution within your business area
- Receive regular access to business leaders
- Be encouraged to develop your professional reputation and build an invaluable network of global contacts with peers and senior management
Learning, development and support
At HSBC, we are committed to the learning and development of our MBA Associates and believe that is best supported in a work environment that values diversity, respect and a collaborative approach.
At all stages of the programme, you will:
- Receive highly structured training that will encourage you to reach your full potential
- Have access to your programme adviser and line manager for coaching and personal progress advice
- Receive regular and constructive business feedback on your performance
- Gain insight into HSBC’s distinct strengths in the financial services industry
Over the course of the MBA Associate Programme, we want you to take the initiative, work with integrity and actively collaborate with our global teams. We hope to see you adopt our values and complete the programme as an Associate with ambitions to develop a lasting and successful career at HSBC.