Global Banking Advisory creates, develops and undertakes corporate transactions and capital-raising projects for HSBC’s global customers. These activities include mergers, acquisitions, divestitures, joint ventures, financial restructurings, and equity and debt capital raisings. Divided into Product and Coverage, Global Banking Advisory plays an important role at HSBC.
Our teams create bespoke investment banking solutions within most major industry sectors, from financial institutions and resources and energy to transport, consumer and media.
In addition, our global presence, strength and expertise means we are ideally placed to offer multinational customers well-informed opinions in emerging markets, key growth areas and established economies around the world.
Graduate Analyst Programme
The Graduate Analyst Programme offers you the opportunity to enhance your skills and gain the experience you need to excel at HSBC.
In Global Banking Advisory, this means building your expertise in mergers and acquisitions and helping develop and implement investment banking transactions comprising different products, industries and geographies.
Combined with access to our global business networks, you will have all the resources and support you need to realise your ambition.
Who can apply?
Our three-year, full-time Graduate Analyst Programme is open to graduates and final-year bachelor’s or master’s degree students. If you are an MBA candidate, we have a dedicated MBA Associate Programme.
To be considered for a placement, you will:
Apply now - Americas
- Act with integrity, in keeping with HSBC's values
- Have an interest in and understanding of international markets and finance
- Seek to provide the best advice possible
- Be hard-working, self-motivated and willing to take on new challenges
Apply now - Asia Pacific
Apply now - EMEA
What to expect
Starting with an in-depth induction programme that lasts up to six weeks and takes place just outside of London, you will learn about HSBC's strategy, objectives and market positioning. You will also receive technical and interpersonal skills training alongside others on the programme. You will then join a Product or Coverage team.
Product: Comprising the Mergers and Acquisitions and the Corporate Finance teams
Coverage: Comprising Financial Institutions, Resources and Energy, Financial Sponsors and Corporate Sector Group
For the remainder of the programme, you will:
- Transform ideas into presentations to be used in customer settings
- Build reliable customer relationships
- Provide financial advisory to customers
- Develop your knowledge of Global Banking Advisory and financial modelling skills
- Develop your professional reputation and build an invaluable network of global contacts with peers and senior management
Learning, development and support
At HSBC, we are committed to the learning and development of our Graduate Analysts and believe that is best supported in a work environment that values diversity, respect and a healthy work-life balance.
At all stages of the programme, you will:
- Receive highly structured training that will encourage you to reach your full potential
- Have regular access to business leaders for coaching and personal progress advice
- Receive regular and constructive business feedback on your performance
- Gain insight into HSBC’s distinct strengths in the financial services industry
Over the course of the Graduate Analyst Programme, we want you to take the initiative, work with integrity and actively collaborate with our global teams. We hope to see you adopt our values and complete the programme with ambitions to develop a lasting and successful career at HSBC.