Global Asset Management is the investment management division of HSBC. Our clients cover the corporate, institutional and commercial, private banking and retail sectors. By connecting them with investment opportunities around the world, we help businesses to thrive and individuals to realise their ambitions. We are aiming to become the leading asset manager for HSBC’s clients.
Summer Analyst Internship
The aim of the Summer Analyst Internship is for you to develop skills that will help you become a well-connected, full-time Analyst at HSBC in the future.
Over 10 weeks, you will build your knowledge of Global Asset Management, develop your analytical and communication skills, and demonstrate your initiative and collaborative spirit within a team. Your line manager will set measurable objectives and manage your performance, as well as offer you support and guidance throughout.
Who can apply?
The internship is open to students in their penultimate year of university study.
To be considered for a placement, you will:
Apply now - Americas
- Demonstrate integrity, in keeping with HSBC's values
- Have the ability to communicate and collaborate well across the business
- Be able to analyse and research complex issues and then make measured decisions
- Believe in putting customers' interests first
- Be hard-working, self-motivated and willing to take on new challenges
Apply now - Asia Pacific
Apply now - EMEA
What to expect
After a one-week induction, including IT and technical training tailored to Global Asset Management, you will complete a nine-week placement within a team. There, you will learn about the role of asset management within the HSBC Group and how we develop and provide sound investment solutions to our customers around the world
We will offer you:
- First-hand experience on creating, developing and servicing innovative, market-leading investment solutions and products
- Both practical experience and classroom training so you will gain the right balance of knowledge and technical business skills
- Regular business and social events to complement your day-to-day role so you can build your network and establish your name
- Insight into HSBC's competitive advantages in international markets and the financial services industry
Learning, development and support
We are serious about your learning and development and want you to get the most out of your internship with HSBC. That is why we combine hands-on experience with technical and behavioural skills training, and give you the opportunity to build strong networks with other interns and business leaders.
We will provide you with:
- A buddy who you can share ideas with and who will give you guidance and support
- Regular business feedback on your performance
- Opportunities to establish a solid network across HSBC's global businesses
- Encouragement to take the initiative and be proactive
- A work environment that values diversity, respect and a healthy work-life
The Summer Analyst Internship also acts as an extended assessment centre for students who may want to join the full-time Global Asset Management Graduate Analyst Programme. Students who perform well throughout the course may be offered a placement once they have graduated from university.
During the Summer Analyst Internship, we want you to take the initiative, collaborate and feel like a part of our global teams. Most of all, we hope that the internship will give you invaluable experience that will inspire you to develop a lasting career with us.