Graduate Analyst Programme
The Graduate Analyst Programme offers you the opportunity to enhance your skills and gain the experience you need to excel at HSBC. In Finance, this means building your expertise in finance control, financial management and project management. Combined with access to our global business networks, you will have all the resources and support you need to realise your ambition.
Who can apply?
Our two-year, full-time Graduate Analyst Programme is open to graduates and final-year bachelor’s or master’s degree students. Students who join this programme are also required to work towards the ACA professional accountancy qualification and will be partially qualified upon completing the programme.
To be considered for a placement, you will:
Apply now - EMEA
- Act with integrity, in keeping with HSBC's values
- Be results oriented with strong analytical and numerical skills
- Have the ability to demonstrate a strong sense of urgency
- Be open to change in a fast-paced environment
- Be confident in a team and when creating business networks
- Be passionate about finance and have a keen eye for details
- Be hard-working, self-motivated and willing to take on new challenges
What to expect
Starting with an in-depth induction programme that lasts up to six weeks and takes place just outside of London, you will learn about HSBC's strategy, objectives and market positioning. You will also receive technical and interpersonal skills training alongside others on the programme and start your ACA accountancy training.
Then, you will complete four six-month placements in different Finance areas to give you a broad exposure to our business. Your final placement will be in the Finance area of your choice, where possible.
Product Control: Takes part in due diligence processes, examines risk, performs independent price verification and carries out balance sheet analysis, reconciliation and substantiation
Management Information, Planning and Analysis: Provides global management information for Global Banking and Markets aligned to the current business framework
Accounting and Regulatory Advisory: Works with the business to create regulatory and accounting policy, providing regulatory and accounting advice on new transactions
Business Finance: Oversees and controls the end-to-end process for Finance globally and consists of Global Markets, Global Banking and HSBC Securities Services
Change Management: Runs various systems-based projects from initiation to mobilisation, requirements, design, build, test, implementation and post-implementation support
Throughout the programme, you will:
- Contribute meaningful results to your team and senior leaders
- Work hard to achieve impressive results
- Develop your product, business and accounting knowledge
- Develop your professional reputation and build an invaluable network of global contacts with peers and senior management
Learning, development and support
At HSBC, we are committed to the learning and development of our graduate analysts and believe that is best supported in a work environment that values diversity, respect and a healthy work-life balance.
At all stages of the programme, you will:
- Receive highly structured training that will encourage you to reach your full potential
- Have regular access to business leaders for coaching and personal progress advice
- Receive regular and constructive business feedback on your performance
- Gain insight into HSBC’s distinct strengths in the financial services industry
Over the course of the Graduate Analyst Programme, we want you to take the initiative, work with integrity and actively collaborate with our global teams. We hope to see you adopt our values and complete the programme with ambitions to develop a lasting and successful career at HSBC.