Equity Capital Markets works closely with banking, equity research, and equity sales and trading. Our global teams combine market insight with corporate finance knowledge to develop capital-raising ideas for multinational customers. Our core products include initial public offerings, rights issues, accelerated book builds and convertible bonds, in both developed and emerging markets within Europe, Middle East and Africa.
Graduate Analyst Programme
The Graduate Analyst Programme offers you the opportunity to enhance your skills and gain the experience you need to excel at HSBC.
In Equity Capital Markets, this means:
Apply now - Americas
- Building your understanding of the dynamics of the equity markets
- Developing and implementing equity capital-raising ideas for customers
- Advancing your financial modelling skills
Apply now - Asia Pacific
Apply now - EMEA
Please note that the vacancies for the 2014 Graduate Analyst Programme in Hong Kong have now been filled.
Combined with access to our global business networks, you’ll have all the resources and support you need to realise your ambition.
Who can apply?
Our three-year, full-time Graduate Analyst Programme is open to graduates and final-year bachelor’s or master’s degree students.
To be considered for a placement, you will:
- Act with integrity, in keeping with HSBC's values
- Have an interest in, and understanding of, international markets and finance
- Be analytical and good with numbers
- Be a good communicator
- Be hard-working, self-motivated and willing to take on new challenges
What to expect
Starting with an in-depth induction programme that lasts up to six weeks and takes place just outside of London, you will learn about HSBC's strategy, objectives and market positioning. You will also receive technical and interpersonal skills training alongside others on the programme.
For the remainder of the programme, you will join the team in Equity Capital Markets and will:
- Transform ideas into presentations to be used in customer settings
- Perform qualitative and quantitative market analysis
- Work with customers across various industries
- Develop your knowledge of Global Banking and Markets
- Develop your professional reputation and build an invaluable network of global contacts with peers and senior management
Learning, development and support
At HSBC, we are committed to the learning and development of our graduate analysts and believe that is best supported in a work environment that values diversity, respect and a healthy work-life balance.
At all stages of the programme, you will:
- Receive highly structured training that will encourage you to reach your full potential
- Have regular access to business leaders for coaching and personal progress advice
- Receive regular and constructive business feedback on your performance
- Gain insight into HSBC’s distinct strengths in the financial services industry
Over the course of the Graduate Analyst Programme, we want you to take the initiative, work with integrity and actively collaborate with our global teams. We hope to see you adopt our values and complete the programme with ambitions to develop a lasting and successful career at HSBC.