Coverage - Relationship Management delivers a wide range of financial products and services to global customers by developing long-standing, trusted adviser relationships with top-level executives. Our teams comprising bankers with specialist knowledge are dedicated to servicing the needs of our clients around the world.
Summer Analyst Internship
The aim of the Summer Analyst Internship is for you to develop skills that will help you become a well-connected, full-time employee at HSBC in the future.
Over 10 weeks, you will build your knowledge of Coverage - Relationship Management, develop your analytical and communication skills, and demonstrate your initiative and collaborative spirit within a team. Your line manager will set measurable objectives and manage your performance, as well as offer you support and guidance throughout.
Who can apply?
To be considered for a placement, you will:
Apply now - Americas
- Act with integrity, in keeping with HSBC's values
- Have outstanding interpersonal skills, even when under pressure
- Have strong commercial acumen and a flair for problem solving
- Be self-motivated, confident and articulate
Apply now - Asia Pacific
Apply now - EMEA
What to expect
After a one-week induction, including IT, technical and behavioural skills training tailored to Coverage - Relationship Management, you will complete a nine-week placement within a team. There, you will learn about the products and services in our international networks and how our people tailor these to provide customers with solutions.
We will offer you:
- First-hand experience on a live project or a number of transactions
- Both practical experience and classroom training so you’ll gain the right balance of knowledge and technical business skills
- Regular business and social events to complement your day-to-day role so you can build your network and establish your name
- Insight into HSBC's competitive advantages in international markets and the financial services industry
Learning, development and support
We're serious about your learning and development and want you to get the most out of your internship with HSBC. That is why we combine hands-on experience with technical and behavioural skills training, and give you the opportunity to build strong networks with other interns and business leaders.
We will provide you with:
- A buddy and mentor who you can share ideas with and who will give you guidance and support
- Regular business feedback on your performance
- Opportunities to establish a solid network across Global Banking and Markets
- Encouragement to take the initiative and be proactive
- Exposure to real-life projects in a fast-paced environment
- A work environment that values diversity, respect and a healthy work-life balance
The Summer Analyst Internship also acts as an extended assessment centre for students who may want to join the full-time Coverage - Relationship Management, Graduate Analyst Programme. Students who perform well throughout the course may be offered a placement once they have graduated from university.
During the Summer Analyst Internship, we want you to take the initiative, collaborate and feel like a part of our global teams. Most of all, we hope that the internship will give you invaluable experience that will inspire you to develop a lasting career with us.