Compliance aims to adopt and maintain industry-leading compliance standards across the Group. Regulation plays an integral role within the financial services industry, and compliance is becoming more significant and complex. Our compliance professionals manage these growing risks by setting and monitoring compliance standards, and training, advising and supporting businesses on new products and regulation.
Graduate Analyst Programme
The Graduate Analyst Programme offers you the opportunity to enhance your skills and gain the experience you need to excel at HSBC. In Compliance, this means helping manage compliance risk such as anti-money laundering and regulatory compliance risk.
Combined with access to our global business networks, you will have all the resources and support you need to realise your ambition.
Who can apply?
Our two-year, full-time Graduate Analyst Programme is open to graduates and final-year bachelor’s or master’s degree students.
To be considered for a placement, you will:
Apply now - EMEA
- Act with integrity, in keeping with HSBC's values
- Have the ability to balance careful interpretation of regulatory requirements with business objectives
- Have strong analytical and communication skills
- Demonstrate excellent leadership, teamwork and relationship management abilities
- Pay keen attention to detail
- Take a collaborative approach with a good level of diplomacy
- Be hard-working, self-motivated and willing to take on new challenges
What to expect
Starting with an in-depth induction programme that lasts up to six weeks and takes place just outside of London, you will learn about HSBC's strategy, objectives and market positioning. You will also receive technical and interpersonal skills training alongside others on the programme.
Then you will take part in four six-month placements so that you can experience as many of the global businesses as possible. These placements may be split across Global Banking and Markets, Commercial Banking, Retail Banking and Wealth Management with the possibility of undertaking one placement in an international office.
During the programme, you will:
- Develop an understanding of our business and the complex regulatory frameworks that surround it
- Learn about our in-house policies, procedures and products
- Develop your professional reputation and build an invaluable network of global contacts with peers and senior management
Learning, development and support
At HSBC, we are committed to the learning and development of our graduate analysts and believe that is best supported in a work environment that values diversity, respect and a healthy work-life balance.
At all stages of the programme you will:
- Receive highly structured training that will encourage you to reach your full potential
- Have regular access to business leaders for coaching and personal progress advice
- Receive regular and constructive business feedback on your performance
- Gain insight into HSBC’s distinct strengths in the financial services industry
Over the course of the Graduate Analyst Programme, we want you to take the initiative, work with integrity and actively collaborate with our global teams. We hope to see you adopt our values and complete the programme with ambitions to develop a lasting and successful career at HSBC.