Who can apply?
To be considered for the programme, you will:
- Have a diploma/degree from a recognised college or university (recent graduates require minimum GPA of 3.2)
- Have strong leadership skills demonstrated through volunteer, community or extra-curricular activities
- Potentially be required to be mobile and work across Canada, depending on your rotation/s
- Have customer service, finance or banking work experience (preferred)
- Be eligible to work in Canada
Please note that we are not accepting applications for 2014. We will be recruiting in September 2014 for the July 2015 start date.
What to expect
Supported by experienced managers, colleagues and a wide network of diverse peers, you'll be encouraged to take on responsibility and bring new ideas to the table. You will be valued as an individual and for the contribution you make.
Over the two-year programme, you’ll discover first-hand what it takes to thrive in our fast-paced environment. You’ll undertake four six-month placements around the bank. These could be in any of the following areas: Commercial Banking, Retail Banking and Wealth Management, Global Markets, Risk, Finance, Compliance, Operations, Change Delivery, Human Resources or Marketing.
Each placement will see you developing a set of sustainable managerial skills and gaining a thorough understanding of our core products and services. You’ll interact with front-line clients, enhance your ability to work independently and as part of a team, and manage a business project from initiation to implementation. As well as gaining valuable experience in both our in-branch and corporate environments, you’ll develop a network of contacts at all levels of management.
On completion of the programme, you will be considered for roles within HSBC based on your career aspirations and business needs.
Learning, development and support
Our programme will equip you with the skills and experience required to start a successful career with HSBC, as well as the opportunity to develop your professional network with colleagues around the world.
Over the course of the programme, we typically offer:
- A valuable mix of project work, on-the-job and classroom training, and interactive seminars
- An executive mentor to provide you with professional guidance
- A rotational manager to oversee the progression of your training
- A graduate programme manager to provide you with career planning and relationship management guidance
- A network of peers, experienced colleagues and alumni with whom to share experiences