The Australia Specialist Development Programme is for graduates and final-year students looking for an exciting and challenging start to a career in banking. The programme provides in-depth tuition, training and global exposure, with a range of placements to help you become one of our future leaders.
Who can apply?
To be considered for the programme, you will:
- Have a degree or be in your final year of study
- Have, or expect to gain, a minimum credit average
- Be an Australian citizen or permanent resident, or a New Zealand citizen, at the time of applying
- Ideally have work or intern experience gained in the stream of banking you are applying
What to expect
Supported by experienced managers, colleagues and a wide network of diverse peers, you'll be encouraged to take on responsibility and bring new ideas to the table. You will be valued as an individual and for the contribution you make.
Over the two-year programme, you’ll undertake four rotations within one of our Global Businesses or Global Functions. You’ll also follow a tailored training and development plan to broaden your core knowledge and skills.
You will have the option of pursuing a specialist path within Commercial Banking, Retail Banking and Wealth Management, HSBC Technology and Services or Global Risk.
Learning, development and support
Our programme will equip you with the skills and experience required to start a successful career with HSBC, as well as the opportunity to develop your professional network with colleagues around the world.
Over the course of the programme, we typically offer:
- Four rotations over a two-year period within a defined Global Business or Global Function to enhance your specialist knowledge
- Tailored training and development programme
- A mentoring scheme with a dedicated senior mentor to support your development
- A ‘Buddy’ scheme with a dedicated buddy to assist you in your first few months in the bank
- Active performance management and guidance
- Regular networking opportunities with senior management and colleagues to build local and international business contacts